NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been at both Jordan lake and Harris multiple times in the past month. I would say that fishing is good in both places, but I have been having more luck at Jordan in terms of number and size. I go for about 4 hours a trip and am in a kayak. throwing a lipless crankbait or buzzbait around the dying grass beds at harris always produce. Throwing a crankbait and jigs around cove mouths at jordan also produce well. Hope you have good luck out there.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to fish Harris over Jordan. I think it's more kayak friendly.

I have crankbaits. ;-).

The wind is not as strong as forecast so far. Can only hope it stays down tomorrow.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be looking to see how the bite is Monday afternoon. I have some vacation to burn and the wind will have laid down some to more acceptable levels. A SW or NE wind on Harris blows longwise. Not that great in a kayak.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a nice day out there on Harris today. The winds died as the afternoon went on. I managed one bass. My thumb says 3lb. Caught it on a beetle spin on my 9' ul. So much fun. And in the background of the picture you see a lovely blue sky I was under all afternoon.

mikeski

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Gracious, I wish I could have been fishing today, it was beautiful. Nice fish, glad you found a nice little chunk!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.