NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting back to the New River area in two weeks and looking to see how the Reds and Specks are biting. Hopefully they'll wait for me. Fish any where from Moorehead south to Top Sail, so if you have heard anything or been out chasing them. I'd appreciate any info.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard NC Angler!

The speck bite is picking up near the creek mouths along the New River. The small reds are still up in the creeks but the bigger juveniles should be returning soon. Look for them in marshy areas near inlets. Find the bait fish and you know the Reds will be close by.

Hope you catch 'em up!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll start my chase on the ICW hitting the inlets and marsh. As for bait, I'm taking that the finger mullet have moved into these areas, so other than using finger mullet any other proven suggestions for this time of the year. I chased them around last year, and key word is chased.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I always keep a bag of New Penny and Molting or Pearl GULP shrimp and red 1/8 oz jig heads and popping bobbers handy. Ice FIN-S have been productive too I am hearing.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 on the baits

Live finger mullet are hard to bet if the fish are in the area. I''ve heard the finger mullet are pretty thick in some areas, shouldn't be to hard, but sometimes its a chase.:)

tight lines <*))))))>{

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.