NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear it's pretty good. My wife and I are really excited to move there this year. I just joined this site to get to know the fishing community around there because we love to fish. We mainly fish for Bass but like in my avatar we also like to take trips to get trout as well!!! We live in West TX right now. I'm an operations account manager for a energy company here and my wife is a ER Nurse. We have family and friends in Charlotte and are looking to hopefully move there this year. Right now I'm talking to a couple of energy companies and am hoping something pans out quickly because my wife already has some good options. Anyhow I'll be on this a lot and am looking forward to learning a lot about fishing NC. God bless!!!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Welcome! The Charlotte area has some very nice bass fishing, with three lakes within a decent drive...LAke Wylie, Mountain Island Lake and Lake Norman. Either of them have good bass fishing and then, of course, there are others within an hour or so...

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
In Charlotte you have lots of options for freshwater fishing. We've got some big bass but probably not the hawgs you see in Texas all the time. The beauty of living in the Piedmont (middle section) of Carolina is that you can be catching trout and smallmouth in the mountains in 2 hours or catching Reds, Flounder, Blues and Specks at our awesome beaches in 3. And you've found the right site to make contacts and fishing buddies for when you get here. We'll show you around. Welcome.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Welcome man! Good to see another Texan aboard. I have a ton of family out in west Texas, mostly Lubbock. Anyhow, I'm in Charlotte and I can tell you these guys are top notch, pretty good at fishing too ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In Charlotte you have lots of options for freshwater fishing. We've got some big bass but probably not the hawgs you see in Texas all the time. The beauty of living in the Piedmont (middle section) of Carolina is that you can be catching trout and smallmouth in the mountains in 2 hours or catching Reds, Flounder, Blues and Specks at our awesome beaches in 3. And you've found the right site to make contacts and fishing buddies for when you get here. We'll show you around. Welcome.
Yes there's definately some big bass over here. A guy on a TX forum just caught a lake record in Austin. I'll try to post a pic. Piedmont huh? That sounds really nice!! yes I like this site. I'll be on it often (especially when I get a job offer and actually move haha!! a6cd0982-dd6a-1046.jpg

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
That thing looks over 15 pounds.

Anything over 7 pounds is a real nice fish here and double digit fish are pretty rare. But don't get me wrong....the fishing's very good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome man! Good to see another Texan aboard. I have a ton of family out in west Texas, mostly Lubbock. Anyhow, I'm in Charlotte and I can tell you these guys are top notch, pretty good at fishing too ;)
Sounds good Crew!! My wife and I actually went to school at Tech. She's a nurse in the ER here and I got a business degree. Been in West TX all my life but am really looking forward to moving to Charlotte.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tj%20fish1.jpg
That thing looks over 15 pounds.

Anything over 7 pounds is a real nice fish here and double digit fish are pretty rare. But don't get me wrong....the fishing's very good.
Very good guess! 16.03 Caught by TJ Nissen on a Crankbait on a 12' John Boat. Lake Austin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts