NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

Been away with work lately but have some time over Columbus day to get out and do some shrimping and fishing. Was wondering if anyone had any feedback on how the shrimp are doing and whats biting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
New River

Stryker, I can't tell you much about the shrimp, but this past wednesday we limited out on slot sized reds and large blues. Learning to love that New River from the 172 bridge on out. Hope the weather treats you good this next weekend. Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
stryker, thursday evening I tried for shrimp at Onslow Beach in the water way and did ok. I think most of them especially the big ones have head out. I caught around 35 during 5 hours of fishing. Everyone I talked down there said pretty much the same thing, unfortunately I think the season is over. Hope that helps. I did manage to wear my arms out catching a ton of blues on top waters.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does sound like the shrimping season is over. I went out on sunday and monday. I caught a lot of small shrimp at Freemans Creek but no luck with anything over medium size. I had better luck crabbing though. A new one for me is I caught a small grouper in my crab trap. I guess they like chicken legs too. It seems like alot of people were really getting a hold of the blues this weekend, almost every spot I went to someone had caught a couple. The red drum were active back at the Sneads Ferry Gate too. Several friends were saying that they were catching Flounder at different locations along the IC by Onslow Beach.

Thanks for the info and best of luck on the fishing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.