NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished HPCL from 8 to 12 got this lady at 10 am. Got on speed craw green pumpkin. Got a few other hits but no more fish. Wind picked up at 10:50 and made it tough to hold blowed all over the place even with my slayer propel. Still a great way to start the season

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Nice job, looks like a good HPCL football. Likely Jerry and I will be crossing paths on Monday, I'm off that day as well and I have not been on City Lake yet this year. I should be there when they open and when they lock the gate. :D

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Jim's still working on getting free for part of the day, no guarantees for him; but I will certainly be there.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Matt and I got 8 bass and a white perch today. Biggest somewhat less than two pounds, got none pic worthy. However..
My nephew Jonnie lost a huge fish that came unbuttoned right at the boat on the Penny Road side of the lake. He said it looked at least 8. And he should know, he's the guy that got the ten pounder last summer.lol To make matters worse, five minutes later he lost another one at the boat, said she was pushing five.
Sam the Surfrider was there too, saw him get a few, and he said another guy lost an 8+ right at the boat!
Water temp in high fifties, no evidence at all of bedding fish...

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Jim got there about 230, Jerry. I asked him to bring some mojo in his tackle bag, since it had been slow. I had 4 on the day when he got there, and after he got there it picked up some... I guess he packed properly. I got 3 small ones in the back of that cove on the west arm on T-rig worms, and he got a nice one in there on a shakey head.

Water Sky Cloud Smile Fisherman

We each caught a few more strays, including each of us catching our last bass at 10 minutes till closing time. I also caught 3 more perch on the jerkbait, and he got a nice slab crappie on a Xrap xr8.

Water Vertebrate Tree Lake Mammal
Water Vertebrate Smile Fisherman Fish

Total on the day was 11 to the boat between us; I got 9 he had 2 but he was only there for about 3.5 hours. No big ones, that 2.5 of his was the biggest. Stayed till the very end, last two fish were at 10 minutes to 7. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.