NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had the boat in the water in about 3 weeks due to the heat. Made a check of I think all the thing on the boat and motor to make sure they work correctly. Haven't been on Hyco in a few months. Just curious as to what baits appear to be producing better than others. Like to make a run up there Friday morning to investigate the campground and the Boat/camper storage facility there at the lake Park. Thanks Folks.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
PM fishdoctor , that's some of his home turf. He might have some suggestions. I have made a few casts at Belews lately, which I understand is somewhat similar to Hyco; only thing I can report is on cloudy days if they are chasing bait on surface I have had luck with smaller Xraps (XR 8 in glass ghost was what I got bit on last week). Otherwise I would guess if you can find deeper spots where there is bait, the usual suspects of A-rigs, jigging spoons, lipless cranks, or drop shots if you're comfortable with them.

Good luck, hope you find some fish!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.