NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put in at lunch, wt 44* at ramp, 52 at 57 bridge, 55 at hot hole. caught 12 LMB, none over 14 inches. most off secondary points on a Ned Rig, 10-15fow. also caught 2 small whitebass on a crank bait. seen a school of suspended crappie an caught 6 on a bucktail jig. Watched the sun go down while hoping to see some surface activity that never happened where I was. Maybe next trip!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Thanks for the info I have a tourney there next Saturday and I've never fished the lake..

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Jon Boat Bass Club of NC, I just joined and this is the first tourney. Any kind of boat but Electric power only no gas motors allowed so I don't think Run N Gun techniques will be very productive LOL! Total weight of 5 bass @weigh in.

Open tourney or club? I've been fishin there since the 1960's. caught a couple 10's, a couple 9's, an a lot of 7-8 lbers there over the yrs!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
leavin the ramp cove, go rite, under bridge, "NO BOATS" bouy on ya left is settin on the ol road bed an it runs from there all way to the left shore. varies from 11ft deep down to 16ft in 25fow. I've caught literally hundreds of bass up to 8 lbs there. nearly always some bass relatin to it, just gotta figure out what they hittin!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
yes lots of spotted bass in Hyco and some stripers surprisingly.

Reactions: gambusia

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Yes I did, rough day for several of us. I lost one dink at the boat and never found another but it was a nice day on the water!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.