NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. New o this area and gonna go to hyco this weekend and drown some minnows with a guy at work that lives there. I recently found out this is a power plant lake. that makes me think the fishing saturday night will either suck ot the fish will be super deep.

Gonna buy me some medium size minnows and sit with some submerged lights. see if i can get some whites, hybrids, striper, or crappie to take a bite.

Anyone out there that can point me in the right direction for a first timer on that lake would be awesome!

Tight Lines!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll be at Hyco as well this wknd, I only get to fish it once or twice a year. No striper in the lake, too warm. But you should have a decent shot at crappie at night, I usually always get into them. Not sure if it matters but I fish (mostly dock) way up near the headwaters, you should be able to do decent off any deep points/drop offs....and in the past the crappie havnt been super deep, in the dock lights i catch em at about 6-8'. never caught a white or hybrid there either, catfishing is plentiful, good eating size, nothing huge. Decent largemouth from time to time (early topwater and carolina rigged super flukes are my go-to there). We'll see what this super hot weather does.

good luck!

-Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.