NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got boat fever and have been looking at a 18' Hydra Sport CC with a 115 horse Johnson. Looking for something to fish in the coastal waters as well as light offshore fishing. This boat seems like a good fit. Any one have any experience with this or a similiar model of Hydra Sport?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have any experience with Hydra Sport, but you could post your question on www.thehulltruth.com

If you're looking for a durable and 'inexpensive' boat, I'd give Triumph Boats a serious look. www.triumphboats.com They have several CC models.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
I looked real hard at a Hydrasport and it is a great boat in my mind. I bought a Triumph 210 though after looking at them. Both boats are in the Genmar family. I love my Triumph and their 190 Bay is a great boat. I actually started a website for Triumph Boat owners back in November that now has over 430 members. You can ask any question about Triumphs over there and you'll get an answer. It may have already been answered there. I'm also working with Merritt Marine (my dealer) in Hillsborough and Miramar Boats in Morehead City to sponsor the first Triumph Boat Owners Mackfest fishing event July 22-23 in Morehead City, NC. Should be a blast. The new Triumph 2006 lineup will be seen there.

The Triumph has a great ride and is a great value for the money. It gets blasted at thehulltruth.com I understand for being a "plastic boat", but it is definitely worth looking at. :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I rented a 21 CC in the Abacos for a week. It came with a Johnson Ficht Ram EFI 150. It was brand new...only rented a few times. I called the live well a dead well since it didn't work. Many of the console controls didn't either but heck it was a rental. Most of those guages weren't even wired. The boat and motor were great except the live squid ink from an inadvertent jelly jet stained the deck and I couldn't get it off. That's one of the reasons I'm considering a roplene Triumph instead of fiberglass.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thanks for the advice guys. I looked at many boats over the last few months.

I ended up buying a new 19' MayCraft CC with a Yamaha F115. Took it out for its maiden voyage and fishing trip Saturday. It handled well in the light to moderate seas with some chop on top. We went about 5 miles out. It has a very soft ride for a boat its size but like most small CC it can be a little wet up front.

The Four stroke is the way to go. I think it's worth the extra money as you will save money in gas and oil. And it's quiet, very quiet for an outboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.