NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day I can not wait to get out and try some top water action. The misses surprise me but when ya get one one that slam and run is the best feeling in the world. Still enjoy the worm feeling the bite and than setting the hook but the top water especially with buzz baits is driving me wild. Tonight headed. Out fr about an hour landed two one about a pound the other 2.5 and two quality strikes that didn't take. One miss was on buzz bait and the splash was phenomenal and the other was on this buzz plug I picked up have yet to catch a fish on it but plenty of strikes at it. One of these days will get a big one to swallow the plug but good to get action on the buzz baits.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just curious, where do you bank fish at if you don't me asking? New to the area and trying to find some good shore access. I live in Garner and the closest lakes to me don't allow bank fishing. On another note, your right on that top water action. The moment you see that blowup and feel the tension......it's like a whole different world!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fish umstead lake, lake Lynn and durant. Mostly Lynn since I live a 5 minute walk away from it.

Reactions: hogaholic

·
Registered
74 Posts
I fish umstead lake, lake Lynn and durant. Mostly Lynn since I live a 5 minute walk away from it.
Thanks for the info. have to check that out sometime. Been thinking about trying out Harris Lake as well. Seems to be about the same drive time to Lynn for me

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bank acces at Lynn is tough this time of year lots of poison ivy and overgrowth not a lot of good spots except for the bridges but than landing a big fish becomes a lot of work. Durant has a lot of good bank access. Umstead is ok. I have been hitting falls lately and have had some decent success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts