NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boat is a 2005 Palm beach 161with a 50 Hp F50TLRC 50, with a Humming bird depth sounder, and a GR4 GPS, Minn Kota Power drive troling moter w/ remote and foot control, a Magic tilt trailer w/ folding toung. He stated that the motor has apx. 25 hrs on it. because he went fishing and git stuck with a cat fish barb and dosent want to go again. looks wery clean. I was just wondering if this will be a boat for a family of 4 2 adults 1 4yo, and 7 yo. although i am not on the small side. He is asking $11500 what do you think Thanks Ed

·
Registered
194 Posts
What size is the boat? 17' you should be fine. I take my wife and son 3yrs on our 17' Ranger and we have plenty of room to chase him around so he does'nt jump out. Toss in another kid and we would still be ok. As long as there is plenty of storage for tackle and stuff. Any size less I would be hesitant, unless they are going out only on occasion.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Reactions: R4ED

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I had a 16'4" runabout with an 85" beam - walk through windshield with casting deck in the front and skinny casting deck in the back. 4 post seats in the main cabin. It worked well for 4 when they were small - the kids could either sit on the seats or up in the front and couldn't get too far out of reach. Once they got closer to full-sized it got awful crowded in there.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
R4ED, you happen to have any pix of it?? PM me if you do.. take a gander at it for ya.
I'll pull the spec's on it here when I got more time later .. do a little research for ya.

I know Palm Beach will be similar to construction as the Clearwater boat line.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sounds like a perfect 1 -man boat for fishing, maybe two adults. Nice setup with the 4-stroke and trolling motor. The boat itself is pretty basic and the value in the package is the 4-stroke and the trolling motor.

I would not mind finding something like that to panfish or bass fish out of. Price wise it is not a steal, but seems relatively reasonable. Maybe try 10,500 and see if he bites if you really like it. If it was a two stroke without the trolling motor, I would say maybe $8500 or so tops, since it is now effectively three years old.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
R4ED,
Looked at the identical boat only labeled with a different name about 2 years ago and that is pretty much the price of a new one without the extras. Looks to me like he is trying to get exactly what he paid for it. I really did not feel the boat was very well made either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If he is going to quit because he stuck a fish and a fish stuck him you might be able to talk him down. When he turns his back to show you somthing under the boat make a grunting sound like a catfish. Bring back the horror' he mite through in some rods.
Old used car sales man trick.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input, I think , after all of the research, and thanks to sun drop for the info the web site. I think I will let this be a catch and release. I think I will get a bigger boat for a better value. Thanks again Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.