NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided not to use the term "fishing" anymore. I am now using the term "catching" from here on in. "Honey, I am going to catch some shrimp, and going catching", just sounds better. I have also discovered a new technique for flounder catching. I owe Fojoly for this inspiration. Before I put my live shrimp, or minnow on, I rub my belly and pat my head at the same time, While hopping on one foot. Then if fishing a finger mullet, I kiss him square on the head before I put him on the hook. Live shrimp I let thorn me in the webbing of my fingers.
We took a family catching trip Saturday afternoon, after the thunderstorms passed. Me, the wife, and the little Doughboy. I tried the above mentioned techniques. The results were great. Four throwbacks, and twenty keepers. :cool:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I guess you have arrived and it is no longer fishing for you! Better the glass be half full rather than half empty.

Way to go Bread Man!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yep! You gotta make a few sacrifices to convert from fishing to catching. Bread Man has gone CATCHING--That sounds good-- and that's some fine fish you caught while catching.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
" Gone catchin' " Sounds good to me!!!!

Reactions: Bread Man 1

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I have decided not to use the term "fishing" anymore. I am now using the term "catching" from here on in. "Honey, I am going to catch some shrimp, and going catching", just sounds better.
Several years ago I started using the term "catching report" in the weekly newspaper column and on line column I write. It occurred to me that folks are interested in what other folks are catching, not what they fished for.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The last time i saw a catch like that was when the news reporters were driving doen a river and the fish jumped in.

Breadman= the fish whisperer.

How do flounder taste? never ate one...Me being from the midwest we havent any seafood places where I lived...on fried catfish.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Flounder..... the other white meat!!!! YUM!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.