NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, ok I have been on this Forum for some time now and totally forgot to do this introduction thing!!!

SORRY!!!

I'm Michael, I teach science at a museum here in Wilson. I grew up in Claremont, California, which is just outside of Los Angeles. I started fishing on the pier on Venice Beach with buddies of mine when I was in high school, and eventually began fishing the Balboa Island Pier when I became more addicted.

I moved to NC when I was in college, and I picked up freshwater fishing here. My favorite spots are Lake Wilson Reservoir, City Lake in Rocky Mount and Wiggins Mill in Wilson. As far as piers, I think it gets no better on the East Coast than the Nags Head Fishing Pier.

My whole philosophy on fishing can be summed up in this sentence:
"Were you at work?"

And I firmly believe that kids who buy worms are not buying drugs.

I have never turned down a fishing invitation and I am fast to extend them. And I pride myself on be a non-boat-owning angler.

See you out there!!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yeah, I kinda screwed up the whole intro thingy too. Welcome aboard.

Your philosophy about kids buying worms made me think back to when I was a kid when my dad and I would watch the Southern Sportsman on PBS. I loved his show ending line "Do yourself a favor. Take a kid fishing". Too bad I can't remember his name at the moment.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks for the intro BCdogs14!

No shame at all in being a non-boating fisherman. I am one now myself. It's all for the love of our great sport! Below is a great site dedicated to boatless fishing and though it pertains to Florida there are some good tips on there.

Boatless Fishing Florida fishing Piers Bridges Jetties Beaches

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome aboard, When I was young my dad showed me how to shock the ground to get them worms...... wow how scary, BCdogs14 do you go to Barton College?............................Ed

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard. I grew up a good 6 hrs from the place I've always liked to fish. I started making the trip on my own when I got my drivers license. 30 yrs later it is a little harder to make that trip but fortunately that is changing for the better. I used to be a regular at Jennett's pier many moons ago but I have fished all of the OBX piers with exception of the one I always wanted to fish.....(the Duck Corps of Engineers pier.) I've fished the piers at Sunset Cliffs/Pacific Beach, Oceanside and San Clemente also. I've been out on Venice Pier a couple of times but never fished it. Balboa Island Pier....I've probably been pretty close to it...but didn't know it existed. You already got one up on me there. But anyway, I can see why you would like Nags Head Pier...Much better fishing than I ever experienced on the West Coast piers that I tried.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes Ed, I did attend the home of the 2007 DII National Champions!!!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome aboard BC !! and Ranger Greg, The original Southern Sportsman was Frank White...zebra striped boat and airplane and all... I grew up on those shows too.. he and Bill Dance ( I'm originally from TN and Percy Priest lake is his home turf and where I caught my first fish) are my fishing icons...

Reactions: rangergreg281
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.