NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I have to let the Monkey free on someone...:p

For you offshore/nearshore tackle-holics that are considering the move to some heavier gear or lightning up from heavy stuff....:

Here's two deals too good to pass up (yup I got bit myself).....:eek:

Thought I'd just grease this one up and slide it along... for those addicted...:rolleyes:

Stand up Rod - Please note the price of the "clearance marked item"...
West Marine: International® V Stand-up Rods Product Display

Reel 50W - I haven't found a price close to it for new in the box and not from east asia
Titus Gold Single Speed TG-50W: Shark River Mail Order
SRMO site also has pretty decent price on their Jinkai line as well... I got the 500 yrd 80lb spool for like $33...

Just thought I'd slip this one on in for those interested..... :eek:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Man, you salt water guys stuff is so expensive I don't think it's a tackle monkey. It's a tackle gorilla.

Reactions: Topsail Angler

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Dave--WOW! This info with prices will make some of my old wobbly reels operate smooth as silk and may actually help eliminate those strange little voices that say "buy me"-- "buy me" when walking by the reel cases in tackle shops.

TKS

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha ha ha... actually those arent bad prices to be honest.. pretty good deal if ya ask me. I dont do the ebay thing.. pretty leary about orderin somethin from Malaysia/China/et... especially from Ebay. I want to match out my Chaos/Okuma set up's I have now (2 ea. TG-15's), 2 50w's would be nice to add.. thing is, I gotta go with them Penn International V ARA rods... $145 is just too good a deal to pass up as those are normally $200 + rods. The wrappings and blank are kinda close (Gold/Black)to the Chaos's.. fish dont seem to care what brand/make they are :)

Jeff, boat is for sale, dont have a choice on that, but the fishin aint gonna stop. Gonna use a new rig down on Ricky's boat and wanted to try the TG-50w. I have 2 of the silver 50w's and they work great.. so figured I'd try the TG's. The ultimate goal is to rig next boat with Alutecnos 30/50's (2 each) 50w's (4 ea.) and 80's (2 ea.) with Chaos ARA stand-up rods, Okuma gear will be for them "green horn" salt guys to use (i.e. especially my two boys and brother inlaw). But new boat is at least 2-2 1/2 years down the road so.. gotta plan now, plenty of time to aquire the gear needed. My boy is already tryin to dip into my tackle monkey stash!!!!

Yup, access to friends boats... Matter of fact I plan to fish with my bud John on his 2700 Polar when I'm down in GA and we'll be fishin with Rick and Ricky on the 330 Wellcraft next month and hopefully more when down in GA as well. I'm sure Mike would be up for a partner once or twice this season and Marty offered to run me around on his Grady if needed and Tuck's boat out of Destin... so boat thing (even though I'll be without my personal boat) isn't an issue. Good to have friends in low places ;)

Here's a couple pix of their boats... just one note... I'm the "penny pincher of the bunch".. :)

Oh yeah, my sis has a 21 ft'r if I got desperate.. could use her's though it's not really made for fishin

Gotta have some bling for the fishin thing... especially when ya on a boat in them price ranges! ;)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Glad I'm still a wal mart and ebay deal kind of guy.

Dave, all you have to do is make sure you deal with someone who has good feedback. I usually deal with no one under 100 feedbacks. And nobody with under a 98% approval. Deal with reputable folks and you get what you want. Even had a guy from hong kong send me another item for free when the first didn't arrive correct (he let me keep the first also). Very few american guys would've done that.

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welp, monkey got me,, new reel/rod combo came in today... :)
Of course, Marty's got his paws on my new setup... then after talkin about it Monkey whispered in my ear... cant have just one... you need a matchin pair.... ugh.... :rolleyes:

Look at how the Tackle monkey has that hold over Marty... you can almost see the "wheels a turnin"..... ha ha hah ah a..... :) Once the monkey bites,, he dont let go!! :)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Marty needs to strap on that fighting harness--A big strike is getting ready to happen-- right there in your garage-- I can tell by the look in his eyes.:D And he's going to fight a big invisible fish all over your neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Marty needs to strap on that fighting harness--A big strike is getting ready to happen-- right there in your garage-- I can tell by the look in his eyes.:D And he's going to fight a big invisible fish all over your neighborhood.
I dunno fojo - looks to me like its Marty that's hooked. Tackle monkey has him on some pretty stout tackle too - I think he's a goner :eek:...

PS - that's a whole lot of shiny in that reel. keep it away! keep it away!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've got $1800 in my whole boat minus gear and I just can't imagine paying that much for a reel..LOL!!!! Gonna rename the boat "Small Time"..LOL

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not gonna lie,,, we did in the drive way to set the drag... I'll be trying the rig out (hopefully -- weather) out of Morehead this weekend.

Yup, neighbors look at us kinda funny... but oh well... gotta do whatchya gotta do! ;)

Marty wanted to hook the line to the back of his truck and run with it... I said that might be a little too much! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.