NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... But one heck of a harvest to say the least!

Thought I'd share these pix with y'all.
I know I've been slackin in the "fishin" department here lately... but after deer season, we'll be gettin back into the fishin part again. The time in the woods this year is really paying off.

Anyway.. talk about luck on land... I consider myself lucky/blessed as I bagged this beauty of a buck (my personal best) this morning at Shearon Harris Gameland (sorry for the time stamp thing on the camera again.... heat of the moment battery change and I was shaking like a leaf even after I got the deer to the house.) He went 180 lbs!!

Here's a couple pix:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA! thanx guys!

Oh no,, that grouper meat is "off limits"! :)
I could part with some mahi/wahoo/and king mac! ha ha hah ....

Yup, we 'bout fixin to get knee deep in some surf & turf! ;)

summer sausage, breakfast sausage, butterfly'd back strap steaks, tenderloins, neck roast... and most importantly JERKY!!

I'll be back out in the woods again for the next 3 weeks. Got week after next off from work (10 days total) and we plan to tromp thru the Uwharries... man it's beautiful out there, lot's of deer too.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
take it you didnt get "buck fever" on this one. I went hunting yesterday as well and saw about 15 doe, but not a single buck! But that's one healthly looking deer! Great Job :D

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx Crappie, man it was everything I could do to calm down after I got on the ground out of the stand. He didnt look so big walking in on me... When I went to poke him on the back, after I got down, is when it all set in and hit me that he was big!

Hey, good luck to you as well on your hunts. 3 of us will be out off SR 1150 by Tillery in the Horsetrough and Dennis mountain area of the Uwharries Saturday. This time of the year up till Thanksgiving day is "hot" for that area. Rut is in full swing right now.
Post up if you get one!!

H20, I'm glad I didnt hit him with the truck either!! would've been a shame to waste such a fine animal. Y'all know I'm all about gettin my youngin involved in anything outdoors and the look on his face when he came around the back of the truck and seen this guy.. he was pretty excited to see a large animal like that. He helped me with the skinning, antlers, and the the trip to the butcher shop.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, Martin was my first stop after I bag'd that buck. Got him motivated to go to Uwharries with me. (ya need to start a work out program GW!!) :D :D :D

Nope no early jump on gun, Wake County (Eastern season opened in October) so gun for eastern's been in a while. Yesterday opened gun for Central, so GW and I pounded the hills in Uwharrie. Was pretty active in the morning, saw 3 had one behind us, then nothing, pushed a bottom and jumped one but neither of us saw it, then came out of the bottom and over a ridge and jump'd 4 does eating acorns, 3 bolted down the ridge and one ran up on top of the ridge, GW heard it bleat, but then it must of walked off.

Not a shot one fired, but we did see some deer and alot of buck sign in back of Walker Mountain... so we'll have to give it a go when Marty catches back up with his breath! ha ha ah ha ha... (sorry Martin, just had to do it!...) :eek:

Will be in Winston-Salem at my uncles place at O'dark 30 in the morning... time for a meat doe! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
workout is right

legs are still a lil sore dave,had a good time though.brought back a lot of memories sitting in them woods,man i was overdue.kids are gonna kill me if i dont get them out there huntin.derrik starts hunter safety 2day.then its on.by the way,ita a good thing u brought them radios,cuz we would probly be still lookin 4 ya.:D :D :D just pickin dave,i know you werent lost,lol:p

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HA HA... yeah, my "land" navigation skill's arent quite there... I concure with that.
But then again, if anyone say's they've never got turned around down in them bottoms... i'd be suprised!

Hey, headin out Friday to Charlies.. let me know!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.