NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost what would have been my personal best bass today. No idea what she would have weighed but it would have been well over my personal best. I did have the GoPro on and was able to catch a quick glimpse of her and relive the moment of disgust over and over and over again.... :( Check out my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnXVcbbCWgc

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Oh that had to hurt!!

Reactions: Swampin'

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a strike king silent 2.5 in sexy shad.

My personal best is only 4.67 lbs. I must have watched that video 20 times tonight trying to figure out what I could have done differently. I think I'm going to blame the stock hooks that come on the strike king 2.5. I was lazy and didn't replce them with my owner stingers like I normally do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dang, sorry to see that. Same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago on Shearon Harris. It would have went 8 or 9 lbs and I lost it right at the boat. It came off a 1/8 oz shakey head with 7" roboworm. I thought I put a good hook set into and I was using braid. It haunted all the rest of the trip. You'll get 'em next time.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
All I can say is you're lucky to at least have the video. (Although I'm pretty sure you don't feel lucky!). BTW, I replace the hooks on my SSs (and other cranks) w/Mustad Triple Grips. Seems to seriously reduce the # of thrown hookups. But if you've fished very long you have to know that sometimes it's just bad luck -- it's just a matter of chance where those hooks land. If you're persistent, you'll get another chance eventually. I think we learn more from these lost big fish --we over-analyze every aspect of it and attempt to "fix" everything that went wrong. Condolences on the loss -- but congrats on preserving that moment w/video.

FWIW // joel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.