NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( from what read on the WRC, i have to be a resident in N.C. for 6 months to get a license. Umm, how am i suppossed to fish this week and the next week, or next month ? i don't think buying a 5 day license every time i go should be an option. :confused: i guess i'll have to talk to a live person with the state, but just wondering if anyone had info on this . thanks

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I believe that by law you're required to get a NC drivers license within 30 days of establishing residence in NC. With your NC Drivers license you should be able to purchase annual resident fishing license.

·
Registered
840 Posts
By law your required to get a NC drivers license within 30 days of establishing residence in NC. With your NC Drivers license you should be able to purchase annual resident fishing license.
As Backlash stated, I would think that all you would need is a valid license, which is also your proof of residency. About establishing residency, you have 30 days for an in-state or 60 days for an out-of-state residency change to get your NC license and vehicle registration.

Try calling
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 919-707-0391 or [/FONT]1-888-2HUNTFISH.

·
Registered
624 Posts
if your in the military you don't have to change your license over. you are given the priveledges of a NC resident but you are technically still a resident of the state you enlisted from. If you are in the military and you don't want to change your license over, don't let anyone bully you, the 60 day rule does not apply to you. however, you do only need an nc drivers license. Or you can do what I did when i was discharged. from my discharge date i had 60 days to change it over, but i had lived here for years, no use in giving the state extra money to replace a license that is perfectly good, so i just took in copies of my utility bills, and i was given a residential license.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've never been asked for a proof of residency or proof of term of residency when buying any of my tags.... though I have a life time now so they send it all in the mail :)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
All I do is toss a NC drivers license on the counter and they do their thing. No questions asked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.