NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I haven't posted in a while since I've been too busy with school but I put the books down today for 2 hours and managed some fish. 1, bream and 1 catfish that came off a beetlespin. and 2 bass, 1 being about a 3 lber and the other made me crap my pants. She was sitting under a submerged log right next to the bank and when I let my swimbait hover passed it she engulfed it. She was pretty heavy a good 8 - 9 pounds I guess, but I need to bring a scale for moments like these. Any thoughts? I hope the picture came out okay but I can tell you that fish was **** heavy to hold up with 1 arm. It was good just to be fishing.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I would certainly think 8-9 is reasonable for that fish. Get a compact scale and a tape measure for your bag and then you'll have the data. Also, if you catch a big fish good photos, measurements (length & girth), and weight means you can have a perfect replica mount made and let the fish swim away. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Yeah I'm gonna agree with everyone else. She is at least 8. Good fish man!

Tapatalk - Galaxy S4

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
very close to 9. If ya ever think about mounting peopel can make rreplicas instead of taking the live fish

Reactions: Fishing_RN

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a pretty strict catch and release guy. My PR was a 10.1 lb bass I caught in the Cooper River and I let that one go too. I appreciate the suggestions regarding making a replica and maybe someday I will but as long as I have a good picture, it's a memory I can keep for a lifetime. Are there any good taxidermists in the Cary/Raleigh area?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts