NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the old song the girls are back in town so goes it with the bass. Headed out for two hours today tried the spot I hit monday without a bite so move out to a spot that drops off much faster thinking maybe the cold weather push them out of the shallow cove. Started out with ghost red eye shad and landed a 0.5 pounder to start always good to get one out of the way of the skunk. The wind picked up a little so decided to start tossing the 3/4 oz red eye. About 10 minutes of working it BAM fish on and decides to go airborne. Kept the rod tip down since I knew I had a quality fish on and let it play itself out. Ended up with a 3 pounder in the photo. Kept working the red eye and moved to another spot that haven't had a fish since last fall at and got a nice 1.8 pounder.

Decided since I was having a decent day to tie on a rogue jerk bait and give it a try. About the fourth cast I feel the bump and line goes slack, feel another bump and again line goes slack, line starts tightening up and I rip it and ended up with a nice 2.0 pounder.

I tried a spinner with no luck and than as I was moving back to the shallow cove to try one more time a BIG BASS was busting in the far end of the cove. I tried to work myself down there and worked a spinner without any success. Really wasn't able to cast it to the spot I wanted due to overhanging trees and no other spot gave me even any access to the backend of the cove.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are the king of that lake, I'm speechless.
What I am finally figuring out with that lake is a spot that is hot one year may not be the next. So now I have moved to a different location on the lake and having good success. Right now getting numbers but really looking for those Big girls.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got 40 minutes in at Lynn. Caught a 1 lber on chatterbait, then this one on a spinner. Maybe 2.5 - 3? View attachment 69717
No wonder I only got one 2.5 pounder today I got there art 1pm caught it in fifth cast n gave up at 3 got wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got 40 minutes in at Lynn. Caught a 1 lber on chatterbait, then this one on a spinner. Maybe 2.5 - 3? View attachment 69717
Btw that spot ya got the one in the pic is a great spot for buzz baits I always pick one off that corner.

Reactions: BrandonK

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.