NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not enter many photo contest but I was asked recently by a friend to enter a couple pictures in the Chesapeake Bay Foundation 2015 Photo Contest. I was fortunate to win the Viewers Choice Award for a picture I took of a Humpback Whale Breaching at the Mouth of the Chesapeake Bay off of Virginia Beach, this is still one of my favorite images. I took this while on my PWC. Pretty Cool! Just thought I would share.

https://www.cbf.org/events/photo-co...392&trid=d4ce66c6-1ba6-4803-97a8-76fd22406e7a

Here is the picture.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
You take some amazing photographs, thanks for sharing. You have any of red drum? I would think with just the right light, and a good angle, there are some incredible pics to be had of those guys. And do you ever sell prints of any of your images? I can definitely see some of these hanging on my walls at home.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
all I see from you are award winning quality pics!!!

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
44 Posts
You were very deserving, all are great photo's. Congratulations and thanks for making mine and a lot others have a better day. My son and I have been following you on the net since back around 05 when the striper fishing was so great around OI and Rude. Keep em' coming!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, Thanks for all the great replies! I am lucky to see the things I do, I really do hope to someday do a book of some sort. I just need to stay still long enough to put something respectable together. Ha! I have a Nikon D5300 and was using a 55-300 mm lens. Here are the three shots and one close up crop I took. I saw six Humpback whales that day this one is the only one that breached as the sun was going down. I also caught at least 10 Striped Bass up to thirty pounds all on my jet ski, it was a top 10 all around day for me.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
That's just incredible to see. Feels like I sorta got to almost be there. Glad they gave you some recognition, I'm not surprised. You take some amazing photos.

Reactions: RouseD
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.