NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I have some and tried them but feel like they cause the line to sink in front of the lure unless the line is tight.

Me too. Well I used to. Now I use speed clips and they serve the same purpose but allow me to change out baits a lot faster.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I don't have any issues with them and haven't noticed any difference in the amount of fish I catch. I use Mustad KVD Duo-lock snaps rated at 30 pounds.
They work because they have KVD on them. :rolleyes:

I have a KVD spinnerbait.. says KVD on the blades and I dangled it over the water expecting the bass to just give up and jump in. I'm taking it back, it doesn't work.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I started using speed clips after seeing Trigger22 talk about them. Don't know why I hadn't tried it sooner !!! MIrro's and Rat L Traps are very universal baits.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
502 Posts
I did the same thing and started using a speed clip on triggers advice. I am a habitual lure changer. One change that I made was to tie a loop knot to the speed clip. I think it gives the lure more wobble, especially with a hard bait

The first time I used the loop knot I caught this.

Ok, I really just wanted to post this picture again.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I did the same thing and started using a speed clip on triggers advice. I am a habitual lure changer. One change that I made was to tie a loop knot to the speed clip. I think it gives the lure more wobble, especially with a hard bait

The first time I used the loop knot I caught this.

Ok, I really just wanted to post this picture again.
Looks like a picture worth seeing again. Is that a yellow mouth specked buck toothed bass from saline waters?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.