NC Angler Forums banner

Id love...

3562 Views 15 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jerry condrey
To get this MR17 back to its owner but I dont know whos it is from Bay River Meet!

But hey! They catch bass also!

See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
It was mine but now its yours, I havd/had two.
Well thank you kindly sir! On a whim I tossed it into a pond today and caught 2 small bass on it.
Reactions: 3
I strongly advise the use of a loop knot if there's not already one there (doesn't appear to be but can't tell for certain). The difference in action is amazing.
I use loop knots on all my hard baits unless they have a slip ring.
Ill give it a shot.
I use loop knots on all my hard baits unless they have a slip ring.
Me too. Well I used to. Now I use speed clips and they serve the same purpose but allow me to change out baits a lot faster.
I have some and tried them but feel like they cause the line to sink in front of the lure unless the line is tight.

Me too. Well I used to. Now I use speed clips and they serve the same purpose but allow me to change out baits a lot faster.
I don't have any issues with them and haven't noticed any difference in the amount of fish I catch. I use Mustad KVD Duo-lock snaps rated at 30 pounds.
I don't have any issues with them and haven't noticed any difference in the amount of fish I catch. I use Mustad KVD Duo-lock snaps rated at 30 pounds.
They work because they have KVD on them. :rolleyes:

I have a KVD spinnerbait.. says KVD on the blades and I dangled it over the water expecting the bass to just give up and jump in. I'm taking it back, it doesn't work.
If you just start up the mouth of a creek and holler "I'm using KVD!", the bass will stampede towards open water trying to get away from you and you can net 'em as they rush by. Really!!!
Reactions: 1
I started using speed clips after seeing Trigger22 talk about them. Don't know why I hadn't tried it sooner !!! MIrro's and Rat L Traps are very universal baits.
I did the same thing and started using a speed clip on triggers advice. I am a habitual lure changer. One change that I made was to tie a loop knot to the speed clip. I think it gives the lure more wobble, especially with a hard bait

The first time I used the loop knot I caught this.

Ok, I really just wanted to post this picture again.
See less See more
I did the same thing and started using a speed clip on triggers advice. I am a habitual lure changer. One change that I made was to tie a loop knot to the speed clip. I think it gives the lure more wobble, especially with a hard bait

The first time I used the loop knot I caught this.

Ok, I really just wanted to post this picture again.
Looks like a picture worth seeing again. Is that a yellow mouth specked buck toothed bass from saline waters?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.