NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had it to do over again.................

Got something I want to share.....I think.:eek:

A few years ago when I first started fishing with Mack he was over at my house and after he had gone I noticed he'd left his North Carolina Atlas & Gazetteer. :eek: It had every single solitary spot he fished marked in the whole state with detailed notes. :cool:He called me back on his way home and asked me if it was there. You would have thought he'd drove off with the baby on the roof of the car :D Course I said, "Sure it's here" and he said "Don't open it!":mad: I gave him my word I wouldn't. The truth of the matter is I never did open it and gave it back to him a week or so later without so much as a peek which I'm sure he's always wondered about. :confused:

I don't know what made me think of that tonight but I will admit I sometimes think a little peek would not have hurt anything.:p

And I've wondered how much photocopies would be worth $$$$$:)

Does that story make me look honest or does it make me look like a complete moron? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Got something I want to share.....I think.:eek:

A few years ago when I first started fishing with Mack he was over at my house and after he had gone I noticed he'd left his North Carolina Atlas & Gazetteer. :eek: It had every single solitary spot he fished marked in the whole state with detailed notes. :cool:He called me back on his way home and asked me if it was there. You would have thought he'd drove off with the baby on the roof of the car :D Course I said, "Sure it's here" and he said "Don't open it!":mad: I gave him my word I wouldn't. The truth of the matter is I never did open it and gave it back to him without so much as a peek which I'm sure he's always wondered about. :confused:

I don't know what made me think of that tonight but I will admit I sometimes think a little peek would not have hurt anything.:p

And I've wondered how much photocopies would be worth $$$$$:)

Does that story make me look honest or does it make me look like a complete moron? :rolleyes:
Honesty is never moronic.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like this may just be Mack trying to make a legend out of nothing. Unless he proves that there is something valuable in there by showing one of us, I maintain that it was probably a blank map! ....

On a side note I volunteer to be the guy he proves it to :p
I can tell you exactly what he would say as he does it to me every time he calls me with a fishing report and I ask where he was..............."I could tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya"

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Whew!..i was glad to get that back....Its hard to keep track of so many spots....that map has bridges marked as to whether you can launch or not and i cant remember them all plus alot of good spots noted.....I did have a sniper with the crosshairs right on you in case you were reluctant in giving it back.....

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
My point is/was that I am pretty sure I am getting to where there are plenty of fish to be caught on most of my trips. Being at the optimum spot would help, but I don't think that is what would springboard me to bigger catches.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whew!..i was glad to get that back....Its hard to keep track of so many spots....that map has bridges marked as to whether you can launch or not and i cant remember them all plus alot of good spots noted.....I did have a sniper with the crosshairs right on you in case you were reluctant in giving it back.....
That map has spots marked that are not on the map!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've seen a few pages of this super mysterious secret fishing hole documentation, and although it probably had some really helpful/useful information, I wasn't begging for more time to read or a copy.

At this point, I have more fishing holes to try out than I have time to do so.

However, if it happened to be sitting in my house, I would probably flip through :)

-Jeff

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Swampin's spot is noted on my map..been noted on there for over 14 years when i worked near there. Dont worry, I aint lettin it out......i also did buy another map to take on the road with me. That old one stays in the house now. It is willed to my son.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I store all my info in my head too, that's the problem..LOL..

Reactions: RouseD and dbeam

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I store all my info in my head... if I leave that laying around and someone knows how to extract the info I wont have to worry about fishing anyways.

Mack, you ever thought about making a few decoy maps with intentionally incorrect info for people to copy?
No, but that instance with ND did cause me to buy the second map and leave the original at home.

Just did some thinking and the most important thing about that map is not the good spots but the launches...the map onlymostly list public launches and doesnt list most private ones...

Examples not listed but i have them noted are Pelican landing on the Neuse and Newby's and Redstar on the black river....they are not in the paddling books as well.....

·
Banned
193 Posts
Dang, if I had a book like that in my possession it would have been studied before he even had a chance to call. On the other hand, Im not sure what he's worrying about because if you had that many spot you probably couldn't fish em all. I m surprised he didn't share some of his spots as a reward for not looking. I would have to ask him about that.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He takes me to lots of them, but he's crafty. One spot we hike to is great but it was like the fourth trip of watching him out fish me ten to one before he mentioned the 100 yard underwater ledge he was standing on casting parallel to and me just ten feet away on the next rock casting perpendicular to out of the strike zone for 99 percent of my retrieve.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.