NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a lucky break at work, finished up my loose ends early so I took off to try to catch a smallmouth this afternoon. I have to ask one question, why, if the river is almost is 200 feet wide do they have to paddle right next to someone fishing? I know that it is public domain, but where is the courtesy and common sense? I figure that the smallmouths in the french broad is used to the armada of rafters and kayakers, so they probably aren't spooked by a large floating object, but does that mean you have to brush by within feet of where i am wading and ask me if I am catching anything.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
don't ya just hate that.. better yet your in a big shiny bass boat and have jet ski's go between you and the point your fishing..four lettered words all around..

zooker

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
You think they are bad on a lakes and rivers, you should see them in the Ocean inlet channels - Small inlet, lots of water pushing through, lots of boat traffice - little room to manuver - now throw in a jet ski running circles around the boaters and cloggin up the works......there outta be a law!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
redfishtom said:
had a lucky break at work, finished up my loose ends early so I took off to try to catch a smallmouth this afternoon. I have to ask one question, why, if the river is almost is 200 feet wide do they have to paddle right next to someone fishing? I know that it is public domain, but where is the courtesy and common sense? I figure that the smallmouths in the french broad is used to the armada of rafters and kayakers, so they probably aren't spooked by a large floating object, but does that mean you have to brush by within feet of where i am wading and ask me if I am catching anything.
Don't you just love fishing in the winter.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.