NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the choice between going hunting for trout in the Pamlico around Goose or Broad Creek or in the Neuse around New Bern or going to Buckhorn Reservoir in Wilson to catch some largemouth, which would you choose? I do not have the trout hunting down yet and I haven't done much cold weather bass fishing. I have had some success in the Pamlico when it comes to trout but it has been hit and miss and it is usually a 3-4 fish day. Last time I went to Buckhorn we brought over 25 bass in the boat, one of those being 7.5#. I will be taking my lady with me and she has never caught a trout. She's caught plenty of bass with me including this monster. I want to take her where I think the fish will be fairly active so it's not just practice casting.

So my question to the forum is: If you were going to take your significant other fishing in the eastern NC area, would you take her freshwater fishing in Buckhorn Reservoir or take her to the Pamlico or Neuse to hunt for trout?

I forgot to mention earlier that this is for January 1st, 2015. AKA tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
right now the Pam is raging, I just left the waterfront having lunch and that water is trucking and high.. I am sure the Neuse looks worse after all this rain.

Reactions: GreyGhost

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fished broad and goose Creek for a few hours. Should have gone home when I caught a striper on the first cast because the rest of the day was nothing. She claims she had fun being on the water and riding in the boat. We'll try again when we get a few clear days in a row and let the creeks clear up. Hopefully next Saturday or Sunday.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.