NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally headed back down to fish this week but don't have all day. Fishing around Bonaparte/bird island/little river. If you had to choose either fishing shallow top water with a popping cork or spinner.... Or going deeper with a Carolina rig, which would you pick? Probably be hitting the water on a rising tide (8-9ish) and have gulp shrimp but also plan on taking my cast net for some live bait. Thanks!

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Finally headed back down to fish this week but don't have all day. Fishing around Bonaparte/bird island/little river. If you had to choose either fishing shallow top water with a popping cork or spinner.... Or going deeper with a Carolina rig, which would you pick? Probably be hitting the water on a rising tide (8-9ish) and have gulp shrimp but also plan on taking my cast net for some live bait. Thanks!
MR, hard to beat top water in that area. PM me for areas to visit.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
^^right? Try a few things. I can change tactics in just a few seconds.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Gulp Swimming Mullet or a Paddle tail on a light jig head. Cast and reel. Spinner bait like redfish magic good search type bait. I fish that area and I always have 3 rods ready: jig head, spinnerbait and topwater. But then that also depends if I am just fishing or targeting one species. Whole different debate. Also, use what you believe in...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did OK today.... I caught 6 trout on a spoon... Nothing hitting the gulp shrimp under the popping cork (I've yet to have any luck with that thing) and 1 crab on a Carolina rigged gulp. Also... Absolutely nothing with the cast net.... That was new for me.... I usually like live bait on the Carolina rig. I could have gotten more fishing time in but I joined a few others on a beach at little river inlet and had a few beers and talked about our boats. Good day all around though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts