NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and the fly section has not had a post in awhile.I read some guys or gals are new to tying.I am no expert for sure but I have put together a few flies that have produced.It can be intimadating to get started but in is not rocket science for sure. And ugly flies catch fish too.Also it sure is a great feeling catching a fish on your own product.Not to mention it takes a little of the frustration out knowing that the fly 40 feet up in that tree did not cost you lots of change. Of course I have never done that.Yea Right!For the new tyers a good video can be worth the cost ten times over.I have all or most of the ones produced with Lefty Kreh and Bob Clouser together.They go over vices, tools, shortcuts,materials, everyting step by step to make a quality product. These two together have such a vast Knowledge of flyfishing and they are entertaing as well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Surffishn,I too have tied a few productive flies, but have not posted any as yet.You`re right about that feeling you get when you`re successful with one of the flies that you have tied,whether it be a fish or that overhanging tree!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well i have some of Surffishn's flies if he gives me permission i can take a few pictures and post them.Last week i caught my first flounder on a fly on one of dads flies his definitly work. i also have caught a few steelhead on his flies aint that right pa?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.