9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lefty 
#1 ·
Display <<
320V x 240H pixel resolution
2.83" (7.2 cm) diagonal color TFT display
White LED backlit screen
Excellent direct sunlight and low-light/night viewing
Specs <<
Weighs 8.7oz/247g with 2 AA batteries loaded (batteries not included)
5.6 x 2.5 x 1.2 inches / 14.2 x 6.5 x 3 cm pocket-sized

GPS/Mapping <<
Precision 16-channel GPS+WAAS receiver
Antenna port for connecting optional external GPS+WAAS antenna
Dual processors for higher speed screen updates and scrolling
Dual Easy/Advanced operation modes
Built-in continental U.S. and Hawaii background map featuring interstate exit services
One MMC/SD digital media memory card slot for mapping and recording capabilities
Optional Mapping Accessories Pack that includes MapCreate™ USA Topo mapping software, one digital MMC/SD memory card, and an MMC/SD card reader/writer with USB connector
Compatible with optional plug-&-play Lowrance FreedomMaps™, Fishing Hot Spots® Pro, LakeMaster® ProMaps, NauticPath™, and Navionics® electronic charts
1,000 waypoints/1,000 event markers/100 routes
Up to 100 savable and retraceable plot trails, with up to 10,000 points in any trail
40 map zoom ranges, 0.02–4,000 miles
63 graphic icons to mark special spots
Internal back-up memory
Easy point-and-map cursor navigation/route planning

Plus <<
Metallic blue case with sure-grip rubber welt seal
Waterproof to IPX7 standard
12-volt plug power adapter
Operates up to 14 hours or longer on two AA batteries (not included)
Full one-year warranty

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I never knew what I was missing until I could see all of the detail that you get from this unit. The bright color screen is easily veiwed without straining the eyes. This unit also comes loaded with a huge background map that has enough detail to take you just about anywhere in the US. I purchased two maps with this unit. The first is Freedom maps that shows a lot of Topo features and quite a bit of lake detail but doesn't show lake contours. The second is the Nauticpath Map which is a Nautical Chart for the entire coastal U.S. You get remarkable details from this map. Navagation Buoys, Wrecks, channel markers, and even tide flows and speeds can be read in realtime on this unit.

#3 ·
Glad you like it, Backlash -- did you compare the map detail to Garmin's?
I chose the ETrex Vista Cx over the H2Oc because of the greater battery life -- nearly twice the endurance... But I've heard lots of good things about the H2Oc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.