NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
Thanks Jim and Len, I grew up on Dads G Allis Chamlers, but the 140 gives you the option of doing a lot more with one tractor and will cultivate corn 2 weeks after you have to stop with the G

Darrell

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks Jim and Len, I grew up on Dads G Allis Chamlers, but the 140 gives you the option of doing a lot more with one tractor and will cultivate corn 2 weeks after you have to stop with the G

Darrell
I had an AC D-15, Darrell. One of the finest tractors I've ever sat down on! Strong as train smoke!

Jim

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
we had a C and the 2 G's, one for mowing and one for the garden. ( at that time the garden was always about 3 acres) the C went to my Uncle in the 70's and finally died from bad rims and a broke hyd. pump. Not because it wasn't fixable it was just cheaper then to buy another used CA which had an axle clutch so that you could keep the PTO moving when you were baling.

The 2 G's are still there Dad mentioned getting rid of them. Allis IMO always put more HP per pound than IH or JD. The smaller wheels hurt the pulling power some in loose ground though.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
My early teens were spent ona dairy farm in Summerville SC. 12-15yrs old. We worked Farmalls and old David Browns to death. We grew our own silage and millex to make feed for the dairy cattle. I had a "C" assigned to me, drove it home across the farm every afternoon in the summer. My neighbor Tony was "assigned" a David Brown and he too drove it home at night (huge farm) One saturday night we got the wise idea that we could cruise town with no drivers license (14yrs old). So here we are chilling at McD's on our "tractors". Here comes the farm owner coming home from a ballgame.. We had to ride our dirt bikes to the barns the rest of that summer :(

Reactions: yaknbum and dbeam

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
I haven't had much interest, I think I will let her ride out the winter and try posting again earlier next spring. I have marked her down to a special ncangler price in case any one is fence riding.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
I listed her in the NC ag review back in May I must have been too late to make the June edition, but when I got in after being gone I had 3 people that had left messages about the tractor. The first guy that left a message bought the tractor (it now resides in Midland), the second man that called is really interested in a Super A, 100, or 140. I told him I would keep an eye out for another, so if any of you run across one for sale and don;t mind forwarding the info I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Darrell

·
Red X Angler
11,228 Posts
I am selling my Dad's 140 Farmall with 1 point hitch, it comes with cultivators, plow, drawbar, and an extra 1 point adapter.

dents, dings, and some surface rust in spots, runs great, needs battery, converted to 12volt, belonged to a neighbor for 20 yrs or so, my Dad bought it when he died 5 yrs ago. My Dad has had some health problems and has decided to stop gardening.

Thanks
Darrell

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts