NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Al. (No fancy nicknames here) Many of you know me from other sites and also as the Volunteer Coordinator for the JEPFEC Fly Fishing Clinics (Some call me the volunteer dictator - but that is alright, someone has to do it) Some of our volunteers are on this site and should feel free to confirm my identity.:eek:

I know this is a NC forum but I'm also deeply involved in the Smith River fishery up in Basset Virginia. For me, and many others who love to fish for trout, the Smith River is closer then most of our NC trout waters. I'm known as an keen advocate of the Smith River and have been involved in several studies to improve that fishery.

I'm a pretty good fisherman (mostly fly fishing now but I've done it all, including running the bass fishing tournament trail and some deep sea fishing). I also devote a lot of time to deer hunting.

Found this site today while doing some online research in preparation for our first FFC which is scheduled for Jan 13th at the JEPFEC. I'll stick around to see how much I can learn - I alway pick up a thing or two from fishing or talking with like minded folks.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Al. Welcome to NCangler.com. I look forward to your posts and information about the Smith River fishery and the work you're doing at JEPFEC. Thank you for your contributions to angling in North Carolina. I hope we have a chance to meet in person someday. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome Al,
I think it is a great thing you are doing with all your volunteer work. We need a lot more of that here in western north carolina, especially with the streams.
Your volunteer work giving fly fishing instruction will help streams in NC also. I look at it like, the more people that enjoy the sport, the more protected the resources will be for the future. I am sure your skills will be very valuable to those who visit this site. I'd like to hear a lot more about your volunteer work on the Smith. Maybe you can help get the ball rolling on protecting some of the streams in western NC.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Al. Seeing as how you like fly fishing for trout you need to hook up with Capt. Gary. He can show you trophy trout fishing down east style.;) Between him and Fojoloy the patterns that you find yourself tying might suprise you. Keep up the good work and keep us posted as to what you are up to. Good things happen here. AL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.