NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My name is Keith and I live in Winterville. As the title suggests I've been in the shadows for a while, but I decided to register and join in on the conversation. I usually fish the lower Pamlico area, putting in at Smith Creek, but three kids ages 6 years to 7 months have me anchored at home more than I would like. I've made more effort this year to get out and fish and I look forward to the time when the kids are old enough to spend an entire day out on the boat with me.

It's good to be here, I've enjoyed the site.

Keith

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
I'm in the same boat with you Keith, my son just turned 3 and my fishing trips have been shorter, less frequent, and closer to home than I would have preferred the last few years. We get him out on the boat as much as we can, but I can't really do much serious fishing when he's there because he insists on "helping" with everything. ;) Hopefully he'll be as into it in the next few years as I was at that age. I understand your challenge.

Welcome to NCAngler!

Reactions: BigE818

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
Welcome I am glad that you have joined us. I am working on another round with kids in the boat. I have tried to get a good number of kids into fishing with only one success story. I have Linda's 3 grandkids coming along now 4 5 and 6 hopefully I can get one of them hooked so to speak. I need to get one trained on the troller so that I don't have to walk around on the boat.

Darrell

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We did manage a trip to the Roanoke earlier this year. Kids had a blast. Despite not personally catching a fish, it was the most fun I've ever had on a fishing trip. If I could just duplicate that success in the sound with drum they would be hooked for life.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Few more posts and you won't have to be moderated any more. :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome, I've enjoyed this site greatly. Tons of great people, and even more good advice... although I would warn your better half, because all this advice comes with a bit of $ spendin' . I noticed that you said you were waiting on the kids...the time is now!, that said I hope it works out. My family fishes, we all love it, except my youngest...he would rather ride around eat all the snacks packed, and fake bathroom emergency's to get of the boat. He just don't like it...best of luck to ya

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.