NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I missed last year's fishing season due to some health issues. I'm just now finding out that Hurricane Isabelle of 2003 had completely filled in and destroyed most of my favorite trout fishing holes on the SE area of the Pamilco,and just when I was about to reveal the location of these hot spots on this site. This means that I have to start shadowing, stalking,hiding in duck blinds,wear camouflage, and clean up my high powered binoculars to observe where the locals are catching trout. The first harsh lesson of speckled trout fishing is to never ask where they are catching fish unless you want to be sent ten miles in the opposite direction. Oh well, back to the drawing board. I'll let you know when I catch ONE.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Rats! And we were so close to gaining access to this information! :) Now if everyone would only adhere to the 10 miles in the other direction rule then we could actually plot out the correct location, but alas I guess we're left of finding and marking our own GPS points.

Hey fojoloy, hope to meet you down near Oriental sometime. ;)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MY TROUT WOES CONTINUE-- I fished at trout hole A and trout hole B this morning without a strike. The last time fishing got this bad for me, my neighbor claimed he had cast a "heebie jeebie trout no catch" spell on me. I'm not superstitious, but as soon as my neighbor comes home from work today, I am going over to ask him to retract any current hex he may have pending on me. Something has got to break soon. I'll even promise not to have my picture taken with his fish again.:eek:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Sonny, my choices are listed under KAYAK FISHING THE COAST forum the thread is 'Favorite Lures For Trout and Redfish' by ptorres. There are many alternatives to these lures. To the live baits listed you can add small thread herring, pinfish, pigfish and croakers. These baits seem to call the fish to them with grunting sounds or in the case of thread herring the flash and vibrations they cause.
For flounder I like 4"-6 " baits. HOPE YA CATCH A BUNCH!:) AL

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sonny--- Don't over look the soft plastics on jig heads, curly tail grubs, artificial minnows a variety of colors, Mirrow lures, a good old trick, live shrimp using a float.:)

Good Luck, Forrest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.