NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im interested in signing up for some tournaments but i never have and dont kno alot about them...

i was wondering if anyone with some experience could let me know some stuff

like which tournaments should i do or start out with
where and maybe some dates...

i dont have a boat so ill need to sign up as a co angler.

thanks for ure help

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Most tourneyment guys already have a partner, but occasionally they are ready to trade an old one out for some fresh ideas.

Always a tourney out of Sheron Harris on Saturday morning. Check out your local tackle shop they usually know.

Maybe someone on the forum needs a partner.

tight lines <-)))))>{

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Most clubs have boaters and non-boaters. Good way to fish different waters. I agree with Scott and check your local tackle shop for some connections. Good Luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
nitobass here about joining a brand new club with intertournament as well has fun and learn to move on when your ready for the big show . We would be glad to have you with us... Warren

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well it really depends on what level of tournies your looking for. There are many local NC Bass Clubs. If you looking for a higher level, there is the FLW and BASS weekend series tournaments in NC. All of these have co anlger spots you can sign up for. I belong to the Hawgs Breath Bass Club out of Goldsboro and I know we are always looking for co anglers. We fish one lake or river a month. Ah off the top of my head we fish usually... Jordon, Falls, Kerr, Sharron, Roanoke Rapids Lake, Tar River Resivoir, Buckhorn, then we also fish where Neuse, Tar, and Roanoke River where the empty into the Sounds.

But as I was saying, just depends on what level you are looking to fish in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yah i looked into the bfl series and sounds good...
100 bucks entyr fee not bad
but im tryin to find somethin a little cheaper if i could just to start out
so my parents might gain some confadence and help me out a little for the bigger series hahahaha

but all great hel thanks guys...
and if anyone else has more im always open 4 suggestions

thanks...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I didnt mean to pitch my club but if you are interested in tournament fishing a good club is the way to start. Or you can jump in with both feet and wallet and for gold right away.Most tournament around here are running excellently and i do fish them when not fishing a intrclub tourny. Problem with the big tourns is the always get my wallet but i cant lie it worth it and you could get lucky and have one of the guys talk to you but good luck, most are hardcore fishermen and dont give to many secrets away. Well hope you fill your well but have fun doing it !!!!!!!!!!
Warren

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey faster come check out carolina bassers. not a bad club. Im sure we can find somebody for you to fish with. give me a call if you got ? 910-850-5131. mike. we meet the 2nd tues. of every month and meetings are right down the street from you. we fish lakes all over the state. next tourney will be at tillery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is a little behind the times... but you should check out the NC Bass Federation. I'm in the same boat, as in not having one, as fasterthanyou, and I e-mailed them and received a reply and a phone call later that day. They will get you in touch with a lot of local clubs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.