NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Angler's,
My nickname is OLFATCAT. My real name is Omar Edwards. I live in Claremont, North Carolina. I really love to fish. My passion is catfishing. I love to fish for all kinds of fish. I love to fish for bream, crappie, striper, and of course I love to catfish as far as fishing in freshwater. Saltwater fishing I love to fish for flounder, speckled trout, grey trout and red drum. I don't get to do much saltwater fishing but man I love love it. I wished that I lived closer to the coast to do more of it. I need to win a lottery so I can fish all the time. I just can't get in enough fishing.
I mentioned that my passion is catfishing. I love catfishing so much that I formed a non-profit organization in North Carolina on October 23, 2004. I formed the North Carolina Catfish Association Tournament Series (NCCATS). I mentioned it to a few friends and they jumped in with me. I mentioned it to Cabela's and now NCCATS is a sanctioned organization with the Cabela's King Kat Tournament Trail. NCCATS is now a tournament qualifier that qualifies teams that finish first and second in our tournament trail for the Cabela's King Kat Classic which is a major national tournament.
Well I don't want to just say me, me, me but I want to lift up the sport of catfishing and to help the fishery for catfishing in North Carolina. Catfishing seems to be more of a past time sport to some but it is coming back now as the hottest and fastest growing sport not only in North Carolina but in America today. NCCATS has a website that all can check out for free. The address is http://www.nccats.net. Come on in and join the fun.
Sincerely,
Omar "OLFATCAT" Edwards
NCCATS President

1 - 1 of 1 Posts