NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Anyway, hope you all are doing well, and catching some fish.
PD
Its a little tough sometimes, what with the way I flinch from the shotgun blasts in the woods around the lake, but I gotta do what I gotta do (fish) and you gotta do what you gotta do (hunt).

What happens in January? Back to fishing the piers or just hibernate?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
We werent as worried about you as we were Al... Al's MIA

Jus' foolin wit ya! :);):p

I hear ya PD... I've only been out twice (one half day and a morning hunt) this season... this season has been tough for me...

So, didja getchya one yet?

I got this little guy weekend before last (meat's ready for pick up tomorrow after noon)

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey PD - glad to hear from ya. Having any luck with them deer?

I been making some deer jerky here the last week or so, yummy stuff.

When the season closes, come on down and we'll get some of them January offshore flounder and nice gags.

<pics are just in case you forgot what fish look like....;)>

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
glad ya stopped by Pierdweller!!!!! Good huntin'!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've killed a couple of does, for some meat in the freezer. I'm holding off shooting "Just anything" in one spot. BIG DEER!! I've seen his sign, and actually saw HIM 2 weeks ago, but he didn't offer a shot. He'd be well worth the wait. The Does, got ground up into some mighty fine Sausage....about 50 lbs!
I usually hibernate after Jan 1, but, Mike, those fish look mighty tasty, might have to make a run down after the 1st of the year, as long as you don't wear those pajamas out, LOL
Dave, thanks for the offer, working Saturday, won't be able to make it. Maybe another time.

Here's a rub that that big boy laid down about a month ago. That tree is 10 " in diameter!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yeah, I'd venture to say his beddin area is near by..

I cant be too picky,, if'n it's brown, it's down this season... Only been out 2x's this season so far (due to work), this Saturday is my last hunt for this season before I head to Fla....

That's alright Mike,, I haven't forgotten what a groupah looks like! ;)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Guess I'll keep my Marvin Martian fuzzy slippers to myself.... OOPS!:eek:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Nope, but we did see (and my boy just had to have) the Bumble Bee XMods racer at radio shack today...

I gotta admit,, them small RC type cars are very cool. Can fully disassemble them and even have weapons/motor/light upgrade kits and they're on sale right now (40% off). The car is definately suprisingly fast!

Check it out (link ->) RadioShack.com - Toys & Games: Radio-controlled: XMODS custom RC: XMODS® Evolution Transformers Bumblebee™

Jammies ey... I could see Drop in some footie Transformer jammies with them fuzzy slippers :D:p

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Jammies ey... I could see Drop in some footie Transformer jammies with them fuzzy slippers :D:p
:eek: YOU BEEN PEEKIN' IN MY WINDOWS AGAIN!!!!!!!!:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.