NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp,,, went and pulled the trigger on the tow vehicle... step 1 accomplished!

She aint the prettiest girl at the prom.. but think she'll git R done..

1999 Ford F-350 Crew cab, 7.3L Turbo Diesel w/tow package and 5th wheel
the interior is a little on the retro side.. but them seats are comfy and man the room... like ridin a sofa in the back.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Great goodness a mighty!!!! Now ya need to convert to fry-oil !!!! Nice ride!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha ha ha .. Bread man... killin me... Yeah she's definately a "rodeo" queen! :D

Nope Forrest... just waitin to hit the lotto now so I can get a boat behind her! ;)
And I'm right there with ya Gery and Mike... I cant wait to see neither!!! ;)

Drop, thanx for all the banter back an forth man! after spending half the day with it, the truck fit the bill for the requirements. Your right, used market is pretty good right now variety wise. After lookin at new in that class... (sticker shock)... definately feel better about a good used purchase! :) I dont think towin will be an issue now. She's rated for trailer weight of 12,500 lbs. 5th wheel rated at a little more than that.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Man, tell ya what... dwarfs my Isuzu!
only thing I'm afraid of now is the wife pumpin GAS into the diesel tank......
Already told her... my truck is "off limits"

Yeah the F-350 is a beast... turning radius is gonna take some gettin use to for sure..

well i would hate to say it but you know how women love those big trucks, looks like you will be either walking or taking the gas mobile LOL

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's right Chris.... now to decide on the kayak color! ha ha hah ah ah.... Lefty already laid claim to Naner yella.. Hmmm... Carolina blue color'd twin person yak could fit the bill! .... ha ha hah a...

Greg... Momma aint even gonna think of wedgin this thing in the parkin lot of Wally world!
She's got the F-150... she's already ding'd that up enough.. she can have it! ha ha hah ah... Thing has more shoppin cart and door dings on it than a 10 year old Food lion buggy..
Momma wont like it anyway,, it's loud, rides like a truck,, and has something "other" than a new car smell to it! ha ha ha ha ...... :)

Now to research twin person kayak weights! ;)

Hook a cowboy up Al! (that aint a bad idea!) :)

here's a couple more pix:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Dave
Here's one of the few yaks that costs enough to justify the truck.

Hobie Kayaks - Mirage Outfitter

Hate to say it, but it even fits the carolina blue requirement.

To spend more money than that, you'll pretty much have to import one from South Africa, and I don't recall seeing any of those in tandem models.

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
OOOHHHHH <slobber drool> that's PURRDDYYY!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.