NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the recommendations that Lockwood folly inlet wasn't a good place to fish, my wife and I went there anyway last Friday evening at high tide(6:00 pm). We fished the bank across from sheepshead island. Around 7pm when the tide started going back out,the mullet got so thick you could have walked across the bay there. At 8pm,we started hearing and seeing reds busting the surface and it just increased for the next 2 hours reds were everywhere. We first started using mullet Carolina rigged and I guess the competition was too great. We finally switched over to hard baits and both landed a red within in minutes, nothing big both at 22", but it was awesome because we were using bass outfits with 10lb test line. We landed 8 in all,and before it was over we both got spooled. Didnt take any pictures my phone doesn't have a flash and I was too busy having fun catching fish.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We were there around the same time Friday....I think we actually had moved on by 5:30, caught a couple short black drum and that was it. Glad you had a good time and caught some fish....especially with that water!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water was clear when I was there. I was getting a kick out of all the wanna be flounder giggers parading through constantly. They would walk right in front of us fishing. I put 3 rods in rod holders after dark and told them to watch out for my lines ( didn't even have the lines out) had them doing the limbo all night lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.