NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... Wondering if anyone on here likes using inflatables.... Not walmart kinds but higher quality.... Sea eagle, Saturn, zodiac? I have a Saturn mini cat with a 14hp Johnson.....

Anyone else?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Portability.... Light weight men's much better performance for same motor..... Much greater weight capacity.... Much more stable than either job boat or kayak... It's not for everyone... Just seeing who else has one

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I guess its more portable if you drive a moped, a honda civic can pull a 14' aluminum jon with a small motor.
Or, if you live in an apartment complex and can't store the trailer.

there's a lot of reasons for having one... They're very popular in Europe, where garages are rarer and living space is generally smaller.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dude, your setup looks sweet.

I have floated in a couple. They can be very durable.

Yes, that is my head sticking out of the water. Class 5 Chattooga Jawbone.

First time I ever thought a PFD can never be too big.

2nd picture was very enjoyable but someone has to row.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Yeah that's a much better setup than I think of when people say "Inflatable". I wouldn't be afraid in that one anywhere I would take a decent jon boat or small skiff.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
His point is inflatables and oysters are a bad combination. A lot of inshore waters are riddled with oyster beds. Not something you have to deal with in fresh water so those who don't know , get sadly surprised..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeah..... Don't worry..... That's my #1 thing I watch out for and it's tricky in the muddy water! I know a few places that I can beach and hang out/fish without worries. My body is perfect for that! It's a nice cruiser and will plane and run about 16mph and will handle wake like a champ... Even from the yachts traveling up and down the icw.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Oh yeah..... Don't worry..... That's my #1 thing I watch out for and it's tricky in the muddy water! I know a few places that I can beach and hang out/fish without worries. My body is perfect for that! It's a nice cruiser and will plane and run about 16mph and will handle wake like a champ... Even from the yachts traveling up and down the icw.
I was checking out one of those Zodiacs today while I was at Jimmy's Marine in Ocean Isle. The bottom side of those boats are incredibly rigid. I was trying to picture my 6'5" self sitting inside one of those things, not happening :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.