NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four people turned out for our first meeting were we had a light dinner and around chatting where to start fishing as the weather warms up. A wide range of other topics were discussed but Overall, it was just a fun, relaxing evening spent with fellow Anglers.

Since, all in attendance seemed to transplants from somewhere else, we discussed the difficulties that we had learning where fish we arrived in the Fayetteville area. We discussed how the Soldiers and Airman at Fort Bragg and Pope AFB have the same difficulties now days as we did when we arrived. We agreed that we would promote the NCangler website as the online meeting place for Fayetteville Anglers. Also, that we would use the the Fishing Connections forum when we have an empty spot in the boat or need someone to share a trip with.

We also agreed that we would continue our get togethers as way to put faces with screen names and share our adventures face to face. If anyone has any ideas for a small quite restraunt where we could hold these meetings, we would love to hear your suggestions. I would like to offer April 10th as the date for our next get together.

Upcoming Events;
Fayetteville Fishing Club Meeting April 10th
Fly Tie-A-Thon April 28th

We're sorry that not evryone was able to attend. Hopefully, we will see more of you at the next meeting. In the meantime, please spread the word.

Tom

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Wish I could have been there. Making my plans for the 10th of April. What part of town do you want to meet if you are looking for small restaurants.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I will def. make the next meeting. The bass fishing is about to warm up on base at Bragg. I’ve been going every few days checking to see how the bass have been progressing into the shallows and monitoring their activity. In the beginning of this week bass were still cruising the shores on the banks espc. Holland lake. The sunny side, of course, has been holding most of the fish. I’ve seen a few monsters at several lakes on post hanging solo further off the banks with very little activity. Talking with several bass anglers out there it sounded like nothing was producing. Soon, very soon, those bass will be ready! For those who like top water, Holland is one of the best lakes on base to fish...very little pressure since most people have no idea where it's at and it's off the beaten path. Holland has great structure and some great holes and depth changes that make finding fish easy.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coach- I'm open to suggestions.

Specreck- I went out to Holland for a few hours yesterday. Looks like the water is warming up pretty quickly. It's a great place for big Shellcrackers. I'll have to start watching for their beds.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
In the Ramsey Street area I've always been a fan of the Rainbow. Good down home cooking. Is overshadowed now by the new Ruby Tuesday. For those of you who have been here for a while it's in front of the old Kroger on Ramsey, those who aren't it's almost across from the old walmart.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm going to put it in my phone so that I get reminders all day long. 6:30. We decided where it's going to be held at yet?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Ya know. I don't even think about the spring lake stuff. Although it's as close to me as the mall area is. They have a pretty good oriental food buffet out there just as you get into springlake on bragg blvd.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The New Seoul Korean house is a excellent place to eat if you like Korean food... We eat there regularly, pretty quiet place and right next to the gun shop there on Bragg Blvd right across from Bleeker GM dealer ship.

That'd be a good place to meet, other than dealin with BBvld traffic there.

if y'all figure out a place and the time for next meetin I'd like to stop in and visit with ya guys too.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
That'd be cool. Gonna have to see if we can get this thing hashed out. What about backlash? Whatcha thinking?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been racking my brain on the best palce to meet and there's really no perfect place. I like your suggestions about the Spring Lake area. There are some nice quite places there. I had considered the need to keep it in the mall area, as it's very central to Fayetteville. Fayetteville isn't a huge city but it is a pain in the neck to get from Hope Mills to Spring Lake and vice versa. How do you guys feel about Monterey Mexican Restaurant in The Westwood Shopping center. They have some large tables upstairs that would make a good meeting place.

Dave- we would love to have you come. You don't have to be from Fayetteville to hang out.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I've never been but am willing to try it. I don't go out to the mall area much. If it's not between EE Smith and my house in north fayetteville, I prolly don't go there specifically for the reason you cited.

Was told by an old timer that this is the time to go to Rhodes Pond. Says the black crappie are hitting in old Godwin. I've got to patch the old jon boat before I can go back out in the lake but I hope to go there next Friday (the 30th) and do some bank fishing. Just thought I'd let folks know in the Fayetteville area who might look at this link about the pond off of 301.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm up for whatever, I'll be up for the 10th, I might be a little late. I'll just be getting back from a Bass Tournamanet at lake Concordia in Mississippi with my cousin, who knows what time I'll be getting in. Mexican, Texacan, Koreakan, it doesn't matter to me, just name the place

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.