NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the Perko Battery Switch 8501DP Marine Battery Switch. I've connected the Positive(+) cable lead of the motor power harness to the COMMON terminal post of the Perko switch. I've connected the Negative(-) cable lead of the motor power harness to the NEGATIVE post of the Starting Battery. From this COMMON terminal of the Perko switch I connect a Positive(+) lead wire to the Accessory fuse panel to activate the panel. A Negative ground lead is connected from this fuse panel to the Negative(-) post of the Starting battery. This allows all accessories to operate. I then installed a battery lead from the POSITIVE(+) battery post of the Starting battery to the #1 terminal of the PERKO switch. This allows, when the Perko toggle lever is moved to the #1 terminal switch position, power to the Mercury motor so to start and the trim operation to work up and down.
Note: At the present time when the (+) and (-) leads of the Motor's power harness are connected to the #1 terminal of the Perko battery switch and the Negative post of the Starting battery and the Perko switch is in the OFF position the Mercury Motor WILL NOT START but the trim will operate slowly maybe at 50% operation. When the motor's power harness are connected to the #1 terminal and the Negative Starting battery post along with the Perko toggle lever is moved from the OFF position to the #1 Position the Mercury Motor is powered up and the motor will start and the trim operates up and down fine. My question is when the Perko toggle lever is in the OFF why does the trim still work, be it at a slow speed?

My email is
[email protected]
My Cell Phone (336) 339-0344

Please any assistance would be graciously appreciated !!

Dan Doherty
1722 Brookhaven Mill Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27406

My E-mail is [email protected]
My Cell Phone (336) 339-0344

Please any assistance would be graciously appreciated !!

Dan Doherty
1722 Brookhaven Mill Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27406

1 - 1 of 1 Posts