·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: RouseD and BigE818

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
HB did that with a remote readout via a little wrist dothangy. One of their "Buddy" series I think .... Available on Ebay used for about 1/2 the cost of the iBobber. Of course there's no GPS fix..........

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
seriously drop? save your money lol

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
The sad part of this is when I was in the 6th grade we had to invent something in one of my classes. My invention was just that minus the blue tooth and smart phone of course.
I was 20 and married. WIfe's little brother was asking me what he could do for his middle school project. At the moment I was cleaning my bass boat. I said design and make something so this doesn't happen when you beach a boat.....pointing at my keel.
Years later a company called KeelGuard has made a fortune.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
hmmm so you could toss this out from banks with one rod until ya locate fish and than work various baits. Neat idea wonder if the darn thing really works

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it is basically a wireless transducer and blue tooth that send the readings to your phone. I can see someone dragging it around with a remote control boat plotting an area LOL!! I wonder when "real" depthfinders will go wireless. Would save a lot of work running wires etc. .

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Ebay - same thing for less than 1/2 price.

And the reviews are that it doesn't work worth a darn

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
22 Posts
I followed this product for a little bit of time. Took them forever to release it. You can download the iPhone App for free. When I ran it in simulation it seemed limited in what it could do. Bottom line was I still didn't want to take a chance so I bought a Lowrance X4 for only $79.95 and am quite pleased with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, just saw this thread on the iBobber and want you to know that iBobber does work. Currently syncs with iPhone 4S and 5 and iPad 3, android will be here in a few months. But only for those android phones using Bluetooth Smart®, which is the latest generation of bluetooth. How do I know, I'm one of the guys running the company. If you have have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. With regard to what gkozlows posted… yes, it's limited in that it doesn't have the raw sonar data, but that was a decision we made to make it easier for folks other then dedicated anglers to finally have a fishfinder they can look at, makes sense of, and use. Nice thing about it is that you're no longer limited to looking only under your boat, and it can be used from shore. Anyway… if anyone has a question, please feel to ask. Thanks for your time… Tightlines— David

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would be interesting to scope around some piers on the coast. *cough, field tester? *cough...

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
More interesting to see that sucker get hung around a pier post and the owner just standing there holding a rod.
You got two choices. Go in after it or break the line.
It may work but a lot of things work and aren't very practical.

You wanna fish or play on an android device?

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
More interesting to see that sucker get hung around a pier post and the owner just standing there holding a rod.
You got two choices. Go in after it or break the line.
It may work but a lot of things work and aren't very practical.

You wanna fish or play on an android device?
I fish to get away from technology, my day is consumed with it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I would love to try some out and give ya real world feedback!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm guessing it's very similar to the Hummingbird Smartcasts. The Smartcast's biggest issue seems to be battery life, non replaceable. Oh, and some complained that it can't find fish. The Norcross gets better reviews as long as you keep it dry.

These small units may work but are very limited. I think I can learn the bottom and fish with a weedless worm about as fast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts