NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i'm a newbie here i recently move here so i am trying to learn my way around an how and where to fish here i have fished since i was about 5yrs old for freshwater fish like trout,bass,pickerel,pike and about anything else that swam in the water, since moveing here i have had the chance to try saltwater fishing as well and enjoy it too. soany help and advice i can get will help the learning curve. thank you Don

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Welcome Don!

Good place to start is askin questions, locally in your area and such, findin folks (such as in this forum) that will take the time to help ya find yer way around.

Local Walmarts have rule books (for free) on fishin and huntin and even have maps, there's another great resource I use which is, GMCO's water-proof chart book of North Carolina. Should be able to find one at a local tackle shop or at a tackle shop near the coast anywhere. They contain lat/lon's, waterways, facilities, ramps, marina's, local names of waterways and fishin areas.... all the good stuff! ;)

Check out: GMCO Maps & Charts

I'm not much the freshwater guy,, I actually stink at it.. but local shops, tourny's and folks should be in your area or areas you plan to fish, and the best way is ask questions, sign up for a tourny and do the "meet and greet" thing to start on your way to reducing the NC learnin curve.

Anywhoo... cant believe anyone let the post go by with 11 views before someone gave ya a Welcome!! :cool:

Welcome to the group and best of luck fishin!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard & to saltwater fishing. You are going to love it I'm sure.

I live just up the road from you in Hampstead, the fishing is great here and one of the best times of the year for fishin is upon us (Sept & Oct).

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome aboard;

I have'nt done much salt water fishing myself, but I'm sure you'll find this site very informative and enjoyable..There are some great people
on this site , and are allways willing to offer some great advise on many subjects.:)
Aaron

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Don. If you like to fish you moved to a great place. We've got enough Active members to cover nearly any part of the state or any type of fishing. If you need help with anything just holler and and you should get an answer from somebody or several somebodies in a couple of hours or so depending on the day. Feel free to share your expierences with everybody. That makes the site work much better for everybody. Hope you enjoy the site. AL

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome,

I'm sure you'll find the people and site informative and enjoyable. I've been fishing the intercoastal for only a few months. Still searching and experimenting with bate and location. Although I have not caught a large quantity of fish, I have managed to catch a decent variety! This includes trout, blues, and flounder, shark, stingrays and then some. As a matter of fact, I surprised myself and caught a cobia at Topsail inlet a couple of months ago:eek: . Never expected to, but man was it good eating:) ! Still hav'nt caught a sheepshead , red drum or black drum:confused: . Hopefully, it's just a matter of time. Well, have fun and and good luck fishing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.