NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just found this site, and I am extremely impressed. I have lived on the beautiful coast of North Carolina all of my life. ( I know I am lucky!) Fishing is my biggest passion. I offshore fish for Kings, Mahi, Wahoo, Sails, Billfish, and just about anything else that will strike my hook. I was lucky enough to marry an avid fisherman, and always tell him that as long as our lines stay screaming that our marriage will stand the test of time!:) He is my best friend, and my Captain. He runs a charter boat out of Sneads Ferry,(where we live) and we also tourney fish for Kings. I am very happy that I found a site that has such enthusiasm for fishing. I am looking forward to a lot of tips, and some great fish stories!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi fishingoddess. Welcome to the site. I'm glad you found us and really glad that you're impressed with what you see here. There are some quality NCanglers and just plain good folk here. We look forward to seeing some fishing photos from you and your husband. If his charter business has a website I hope you'll add a link to it in our "Links" section. And if he has links on his site I hope you'll consider adding a link back to us. There are some preprogrammed links here.

Blessings,
Randy :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind welcome! As for a website, we are actually having one designed at the moment. It should be available in a couple of weeks, if not sooner. I would be happy to put any links on it. I have to admit that computers are not exactly my area of expertise, but I am learning. I am trying to download some photos now........we will see how I do. :eek:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard, you just happen to be in one of my favorite sections of the Atlantic seaboard. I've fished all three coasts and Topsail Island has been like home port for me. It may have something to do with fishing there as a kid but there's a lot more to it than that. Fishing there is kinda like sleeping in your own bed after 6 months on the road. I've met good people all over the country but at Topsail I've always been treated like family where ever I was on the Island. Your husband has the job I should have pursued long ago. I wish the best for both of you and look forward to hearing some good reports in the near future. AL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Fishinggoddess,
I too have a spouse that is my fishing partner. Since teaching her over the past 14 years, she has become quite good at putting fish on the deck, dock, beach, rocks, grass, mud, or whatever surface we happen to be standing on. She is an awesome flycaster, fly tier and a super first mate. For Valentines two years ago she asked for a cast-net. She has followed me and my passion into cold water, endured unbearable heat, mosquitos, no seeums, and has taken direct full frontal icy seaspray at dawn still half asleep. As a fisherman, she is learning to anticipate what to do next which is very helpful. You gals that do these things because you like us at first only to discover you like fishing too are real gems among the rest. Your husband is a lucky man. I am too. I just don't understand one thing. How do you gals always catch the first fish, the biggest fish, and the most fish. Ya'll beat all this man's ever seen.
Andy

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
fishingoddess--- Welcome to the site! There might be some good in all this fishing. My wife has always been my #1 fishing buddy. When we flounder fish together, I don't even try to fish. I just drive the boat ,man the net, cut bait and otherwise keep my mouth shut. We have slowed down a bit for the past 4 or 5 years. About wore ourselves out in the past wave hopping offshore chasing fish and dodging squalls. This year will make 52 years together.:)

Regards, Forrest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My grandfather used to take me fishing when I was just a little girl, and I thought it was great, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go fishing. I worked with my husband for almost five years before I ever went on a boat with him. I am an avid "photo taker" and he kept telling me that I could get great shots of Cape Lookout Lighthouse where he fished, so I went. Needless to say I liked him a lot better on water than I did on land! One fishing trip led to another, and two years later we were married, that was a little over one year ago. Fishing has been such an important part of our lives, and I never see that changing. There is something about going offshore that just captivates me. I love everything about it, the sunrises (breathtaking, especially on a cold day), the seaspray, the smell of fish feeding on baitfish, the feeling that you are on the brink of a great catch, and especially the reverence when you do actually "catch" something.I feel that I am a very lucky lady to have found my passion early, now I can spend my life learning all I can. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too am new to this site, but have been fishing just about all my life. I too met a wonderful girl that new nothing about saltwater fishing. We have been fishing together for two years now. School is getting in the way a little for the both of us but I feel that some of our best days are the ones we have out there on the water. The feeling that the whole ocean is yours. She is now learning to second guess me on the boat, rig lines, drive the boat and just about everything. I never really thought about it but I really think fishing and the love of the ocean has brought us together. Her compassion and patience has no bounds. Thanks for all of you inquisitive thoughts. See you OUT THERE. .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was interested from the very start in the entire process of saltwater fishing. From the rigging to catching live bait, setting the lines out, reading temp. breaks and tidelines, and understanding the movement of fish. I think that there is always something to learn on every trip.

I love living in Sneads Ferry and love wearing my sneads ferry sneakers!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.