NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the approach of Irene many small impoundments were probably let down to prepare for possible flooding from the storm. In the streams below these impoundments catfish and carp fishing should be temporarily improved. In the impoundments themselves the fish will have less room to spread out. This is especially true for coastal plain impoundments. The fish will be concentrated in areas of cover and as the shoreline receeds there are fewer and fewer places of refuge. It is also a good time to scout these impoundments for areas that the fish will be returning to once the water level rises. Kayakers especially should be cautious while fishing below these impoundments due to near flood conditions in some of the streams draining these impoundments. Sorry I was so late in sharing this information but I am a saltwater junkie and it only occured to me last night that even without the storm making landfall that the prepartions for it would be causing extra freshwater to come down the rivers. While it won't be enough to change the salinity in the sounds much it should have a noticable effect on the brackish water areas. AL

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.