NC Angler Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks, Chris. Yeah with air temps where they are, the water temps are going to be tumbling down as well....I see 60-70 as prime trouting temps so we're getting close now. Keep us posted and we'll plan a day of trouting in the Pungo soon enough!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Update to my earlier post on this thread. I hit the Flat River again today. I caught 10 channel cats and 2 bass. Both species were on the smaller side. I couldn’t get anything to bite on a moving bait. Every fish hit a wacky worm or a jig and gulp minnow.

~JOE~

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well it's great to see that ICM is well versed in all the latest and greatest form of fish info gathering, ha ha, so ICM we nominate you to be the official Social Media liaison, check out what's happening over in that world of modern media and throw us old dogs a few bones at least once a week ! In return anytime one of the forum runs into you we owe ya at least a Beer or Boat Drink .....Deal ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@OBXRealtor, I’ll go one better, keeping us informed will get ICM a day on the water wherever I’m fishing. If it’s gets us on fish, it’ll be worth it!

·
Registered
221 Posts
All,

Hmmmmm....I post as I can but I rarely see anyone else posting fishing reports or much of anything for that matter. What gives...is this a dying forum or is everyone just too paranoid to post a report. I don't need the GPS for your favorite hole but it would be kind of nice to see a little chatter here now and then!

Bruce
I am not on social media either. I have not been on site for a bit. Main reason no one was commenting glad to see people back.. I fish the chowan Albemarle and Pamlico area. I haven't been been trout fishing yet but getting ready to, I will start back posting when I go. I mainly hit the punch Germantown swan quarter area. Great to see posts again. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
For all you with trust issues or are paranoid about social media spying on you.
This is what I learned this morning in less than 5 minutes before checking in here.......
1) CFR, 2 hours of straight of a hot over slot Reds bite.
2) Mason's, bait is everywhere.
3) Hampstead, throw topwaters all day.
4) WB, Chopper Blues caught on topwater.
5) Topsail, flood tide topwater Reds biting.

My take away is that I should have gone fishing this morning
Instead of reading about mountain Trout & Mercury engine blogging out....... ICM

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Took my own advice & went fishing because of the full moon.
We caught 7 keeper Flounders, Reds, a Black Sea Bass, a Ray & a big drag pulling something that broke me off.
All fish released..... ICM
Vertebrate Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drum bite on the OBX is very good on southern beaches like Avon, we have seen more sharks and half drum being brought onto the beach this fall then I ever remember. Specs are thick and good size in the Swan Quarter area from what a buddy has been telling me all last week.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You guys are killing me…I’ve been on honey do duty all day and tomorrow is already planned too! No the bright side I went by and paid for the new trailer this morning. Marks Marine will swap me out and tune the new one on Monday so I’m good to go for dragging the toy around some more. Still waiting on the new VHF to arrive so I can finish that install…almost ready for the fall run!

@ICM…I’m not worried about social media spying on me…I always wear my tin foil hat when I’m in front of the keyboard…roflmao. Seriously, I just don’t feel compelled to wade through all the bs you see at times. Sounds like you had a good day fishing. Where were you at, if I can ask?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Went to the lower pungo two weeks ago and caught as many flounder as you could want. Most were short but the action was steady. Lots of bait was present. And I mean LOTS!!!!.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We fished Rice Creek, which flows into Town Creek in Brunswick County, over the weekend. I think we were a little too far upstream into the stagnant water because there were bowfin surfacing for air everywhere every minute or so and that was all I caught. I'm not complaining, mind you, as bowfin are fun to catch!

All in all, it was a beautiful day on the water and next time we're heading downstream to find the bass.

-christen
nothing wrong with that. I love catching bowfin.

·
Red X Angler
3,773 Posts
;)kb_rn those are some pigs! They are shaped like HPCL bass but some of the backgrounds don't look compatible. Hmm.

Reactions: kb_rn

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Nice fish, guy! Almost makes me want to take up freshwater fishing. I gotta ask, what did you catch them on and what is an hpcl bass?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice fish, guy! Almost makes me want to take up freshwater fishing. I gotta ask, what did you catch them on and what is an hpcl bass?
A combination of things. Most of these were topwater fish if memory served me correct. Caught the 9 pounder on a buzzbait, most of the others came on a popper or shakey head.

and hpcl means high point city lake. It used to get talked about a lot on this forum. It’s nowhere near as good as it was even 3-4 years ago. It has been beat to death the past few years.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Mullet run has got the Blues & Sharks feeding.
Had a Shark chase my hooked Blues, lost a few lures to bite offs, had fun throwing topwaters at busting baits.
Kept this one for bait.......ICM
White Fin Fish Seafood Ray-finned fish

Reactions: CBower

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Sounds like a fun time was had. It's that time with temps tumbling the fall season should be in full swing in another week or so. Where are you fishing now ICM? I'm about ready to hit an inlet and see what I can find but I have this weekend planned (well, the wife has it planned). Weekend after next I have already planned some trouting down around the Pungo. I'll post a report as soon as I can.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I'll chime in just to keep this thread going and do my part to breath some life into this forum. You guys on the coast, I love catching trout. Speckled Trout that is. Though getting to the coast is a rare occurrence for me, so the opportunities are likewise rare.
Fishing report from the extreme other end of the state can be found HERE if you're interested. Page 4 of that thread, post #77. I'm trying to learn a whole new form/type of fishing; trolling using dowriggers and leadcore.
Different kind of trout.
Cloud Water Sky Vertebrate Blue

Headed down to Santee in a couple weeks to try and find some catfish. Another one of these would be nice!
Water Sky Hat Cloud Sleeve

21 - 40 of 46 Posts