NC Angler Forums banner

Is Anyone FIshing

6K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  cbruce41 
#1 ·
All,

Hmmmmm....I post as I can but I rarely see anyone else posting fishing reports or much of anything for that matter. What gives...is this a dying forum or is everyone just too paranoid to post a report. I don't need the GPS for your favorite hole but it would be kind of nice to see a little chatter here now and then!

Bruce

Reactions: retiredpghcop3744
#29 ·
You guys are killing me…I’ve been on honey do duty all day and tomorrow is already planned too! No the bright side I went by and paid for the new trailer this morning. Marks Marine will swap me out and tune the new one on Monday so I’m good to go for dragging the toy around some more. Still waiting on the new VHF to arrive so I can finish that install…almost ready for the fall run!

@ICM…I’m not worried about social media spying on me…I always wear my tin foil hat when I’m in front of the keyboard…roflmao. Seriously, I just don’t feel compelled to wade through all the bs you see at times. Sounds like you had a good day fishing. Where were you at, if I can ask?

Reactions: ice cream man
#33 ·
;)kb_rn those are some pigs! They are shaped like HPCL bass but some of the backgrounds don't look compatible. Hmm.

Reactions: kb_rn
#35 ·
Nice fish, guy! Almost makes me want to take up freshwater fishing. I gotta ask, what did you catch them on and what is an hpcl bass?

#37 ·
A combination of things. Most of these were topwater fish if memory served me correct. Caught the 9 pounder on a buzzbait, most of the others came on a popper or shakey head.

and hpcl means high point city lake. It used to get talked about a lot on this forum. It’s nowhere near as good as it was even 3-4 years ago. It has been beat to death the past few years.

#39 ·
Sounds like a fun time was had. It's that time with temps tumbling the fall season should be in full swing in another week or so. Where are you fishing now ICM? I'm about ready to hit an inlet and see what I can find but I have this weekend planned (well, the wife has it planned). Weekend after next I have already planned some trouting down around the Pungo. I'll post a report as soon as I can.

#40 ·
Well I'll chime in just to keep this thread going and do my part to breath some life into this forum. You guys on the coast, I love catching trout. Speckled Trout that is. Though getting to the coast is a rare occurrence for me, so the opportunities are likewise rare.
Fishing report from the extreme other end of the state can be found HERE if you're interested. Page 4 of that thread, post #77. I'm trying to learn a whole new form/type of fishing; trolling using dowriggers and leadcore.
Different kind of trout.
Cloud Water Sky Vertebrate Blue

Headed down to Santee in a couple weeks to try and find some catfish. Another one of these would be nice!
Water Sky Hat Cloud Sleeve

#41 ·
BigTrout, thanks for chiming in and sharing some pics of nice looking fish!

I'm a for the freezer type of fisherman so I have to ask, do you eat what you catch or is it just for sport? How is the trolling going so far? I've done some lead core and downrigger fishing up on Erie but never here in NC. What type of lures are you working on the downriggers?

#43 ·
BigTrout, thanks for chiming in and sharing some pics of nice looking fish!

I'm a for the freezer type of fisherman so I have to ask, do you eat what you catch or is it just for sport? How is the trolling going so far? I've done some lead core and downrigger fishing up on Erie but never here in NC. What type of lures are you working on the downriggers?
Yeah I often eat what I catch. But I'm the only fish eater in my family so depending on how many fillets are in the freezer I may or may not keep. Those trout had nice bright pink flesh, the grilled fillets were great. Those big blue catfish, well, I hate to kill them when they get up that large and larger. I figure if they've made it that far I'll just release 'em. I'll keep smaller ones and prefer to eat the fillets fresh or no more than a few weeks in the freezer.
Those trout were the first victims of my learning to troll, after maybe 1/2 dozen attempts. I've tried hoochies with a nightcrawler, Rapalas, spoons though very limited, and I got those on Rooster Tails. Life's gotten in the way and I haven't had a chance to get back to the cold lakes. Maybe after the Santee trip.

#42 ·
Hey @OBXRealtor...you got any updates from up your way? I see the Bonner pier is now officially open....woohooooooo!!! I need to grab the generator and light sets and drive up one evening! Maybe those of us close enough should plan on a mornig/evening fishing it? I'm game if anyone else is (might have to hit up the Melvin R. Daniels too while I'm there....waters temps are getting about right for trout now!)! Anybody else have thoughts on the matter?

#45 ·
ICM,

All I can say is NICE!!!!...but you're still killing me! Got through the weekend of honey-dos so I'm clear to fish next weekend but the weather isn't looking so great right now. Guess I'll have to see how it looks Wednesday before I make any decisions. You got some mad skills on the video editing too I see...sweet!!

Keep it coming, guy!
Bruce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.