NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I found out I'd been "nominated" to join the North American Fishing Club! Supposedly they send you free gear to test. I'm skeptical. Has anyone else joined? Opinions?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
First thing i ever got was just a fillet knife, it was pretty good.. They also sent me some fresh water worms that just came out, most every thing they send you is brand new, or has been out for a while but no one buys them. got a free spinning reel, made my okuma, and a personalized rod with my name ingraved in it. Got some hooks, they have some good deals on there to, just bought a nice tackle box for 20 bucks. still waiting for it to get here. but the other members say it is nice. I know you get more stuff if you are a life member though. and its alot cheaper over time.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I decided $12 was worth test-driving the magazine for a year. I also found the members-only "Deal of the Week" worth watching... I picked up a pair of discontinued Wiley-X sunglasses for $10...

The first test product they sent me was "5-hour Energy". I've never tried energy drinks before -- this one didn't jazz me up at all that afternoon, it just kept me up all night. The five hours apparently were delayed-start!

I tried their woodworking club a few years ago -- got to test-drive one of the fancy plastic pushstick things... the orange ones, don't recall the name... that's been handy to have around.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have been a member in the past. Their magazine is pretty good but unless you go for the life membership you will get very little to test and nothing major. I too got the filet knife and assorted hooks and some plastics. The only test item I got was a pack of plastic shad. They will go after you big time when you join to buy books, videos, and especially the lifetime membership. Stay away from the books unless you are good about returning them. Several have the same information just different titles. I got stuck with several.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I got a letter from them when I was about 11 or 12 stating that they were going to proceed with legal action against me for not paying my membership or something... :confused: I didn't even know who they were.
Hm -- I didn't get any guff when I chose not to renew my Handyman Club membership. Maybe they got smacked around enough for hassling 12-year-olds to clean up their act a little...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've never done the fishing one but I have done the North American Hunting Club but never was sent anything to try. But I stopped belonging to that one a while ago, and I think I declined the fishing one. Oh well let me know how it works out for you as they continue to send you stuff.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I to am a life member foe the hunting mag,which is the same company. I was sent 3 scent pads. After you test them you must review the item for the mag and send in your paper work. If you want to test future items you must fill out more paperwork and wait to see if they pick you. I have been life member fo 8 yrs and havent been picked again. Also i live on the east coast and really dont care about hunting in the west ,which is where must articles are written from.. To each his own Good luck

·
Registered
852 Posts
I used to be a member and got a lot of their books (really almost magazines in hard cover). Got tired of their pushy attempts to sell anything and everything (especially "Life Memberships) and dropped them. Basically their magazines and books are nothing special and you would get more information by subscribing to a specialty magazine that covered what you were interested in (In Fisherman, Shallow Water Angler, etc.).

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Guess what, guys... My wife just got invited to join "Todays Creative Home Arts" club... funny, they want $12 too, and offer free product-test items...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.