NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at one time I thought les stroud was a decent watch. It seemed like he knew his stuff and could hold my interest for 46 minutes or whatever an hour show takes.
Now I see him doing a Bigfoot show? I'm dumb enough to watch a few episodes but I just can't do it anymore. Has he sold out completely? Is he nuttier than a fruit cake?
If you believe in big feets, samsquashes, samsquanches (thank you Trailer Park Boys) then I'm here to say you are going to need to show me more than what I've seen. In addition I'll say you are nuts.
So, will Les find a Bigfoot?
Always makes me think of Eddie Murphy when I hear, "bigfoot".
Eddie doing the uncle gus routine:
"And your kids? Your kids are bigfoots too"
Ha!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I was thinking it was his health and age. He was the only one who at the end of the show physically looked like he did it with no help. All the shows that followed look too healthy at the end to me. (except naked and afraid) I always figured it was why he had the least number of shows per year, because of the time it would take him to recover from each episode and be healthy enough for the next one.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Yes....he lives in the River Arts district of Asheville. Since only rich transplants can own homes in the mtn tops, I'm certain bigfoot is one of the hairy, unkept looking trust fund hipsters that walk the downtown area. He ain't in the woods, fellas. Why do you think he's not been found By a bear hunter?
I have seen a few people in Asheville that smell similarly to how bigfoot would probably smell. Not a dig towards people that live there but I feel like a higher percentage of their population prefers the natural approach.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Almost as easy as the first answer I posted in this thread: $$$$
Ain't it the turth. Isn't it said how dumbed down shows are now? Remember when they actually showed history shows on the history channel? They used to have some great shows on the old west and other American history. Now the only thing that comes on there seems to be pawn stars or ancient aliens.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can no longer hang with Bigfoot les. In the little reading I did on the Web it appears that he feels there really is a Bigfoot that has yet to be found. IMO he has consumed too many mushrooms during his survival shows.
Personally I think lawn stars has a small amount of redeeming qualities. The owner, bald rick, is brilliant. He knows history and is an avid reader. His knowledge of many things far surpasses most people. Unfortunately chumlee and his son are not so well equipped. If you took the brain out of both of them and dropped them into a gnat's "exit orifice" it would make the sound of two dice being dropped in a shoe box.
Rick has two ex wives and a future ex wife so life isn't too rosey in that department. Intelligence has its limitations?

·
Registered
529 Posts
He was on Joe Rogan's podcast recently and talked a little about the show. He indicated this was more of a "prove it" type thing, in that he wanted to put the bigfoot hunters to the test. Didn't sound to me that he believe in Bigfoot, but he did say he had a couple of experiences that he had no explaination for.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Bigfoot sells. With all the total wacko 'researchers' on TV chasing Bigfoot, some executive decided have a reasonably sane guy with a good reputation ruin his reputation to sell some advertising. I'm not saying there's not a Bigfoot either though....there's a lot of woods out there....

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I can no longer hang with Bigfoot les. In the little reading I did on the Web it appears that he feels there really is a Bigfoot that has yet to be found. IMO he has consumed too many mushrooms during his survival shows.
Personally I think lawn stars has a small amount of redeeming qualities. The owner, bald rick, is brilliant. He knows history and is an avid reader. His knowledge of many things far surpasses most people. Unfortunately chumlee and his son are not so well equipped. If you took the brain out of both of them and dropped them into a gnat's "exit orifice" it would make the sound of two dice being dropped in a shoe box.
Rick has two ex wives and a future ex wife so life isn't too rosey in that department. Intelligence has its limitations?
Evidently he hasn't read the right books yet or isn't so brilliant, one or the other or maybe both. 3 ex wives?

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I like the Survivor man shows, and saw a couple of the Big Foot ones. I am a little over the back side of the fence rail on this myself, but try to keep an open mind. On the shows I saw. Les seemed to be a little on the down side of big foot but had some things he could not explain. Not sure if there are new episodes now that I haven't seen.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks the Lord there are others that can find humor in Trailer Park Boys.
I thought that reference might get me banned.:D
Definitely not a family show.
Unless your family lives in Sunnyvale.:p

I don't have links for what I read regarding the Les Stroud pro foot opinion. I'll speculate that he will float some pro foot and some anti foot opinions just to try and keep the Walmarcians interested.

BF, IMO, does not exist. I feel there is too much money to be made if someone were to find a BF and folks with real credentials would have exposed the beast.

The last episode I watched was so out there that I could no longer consider it worth watching for any reason. He had some people that say they exchanged gifts (if you want to call used tennis balls, trash and twisted weeds gifts) with a BF and that the way to connect with a BF is to meditate your way into the BF zone of acceptance.

Of course, being a television show, there has to be some anti military spin put out to the public at one point or another.
According to more than a couple of BF buffs, the US government knows there are bigfeets out there but are keeping the feets under wraps.
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2015/04/10/survivorman-les-stroud-military-corporations-shrouding-bigfoot

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
I consider myself a rather humorous dude. But the references to Walmartians and Trailer Park Boys (whatever that is) are both stereotypical and inflammatory. But then again that's pretty much par for the course with many of your posts.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Pretty sure I saw big foot in the Walmart near me when I went in to get some tackle at 3am. Just sayin, may be some merit to this Sasquatch thing.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I think I had a squatch in the cut down across the road and in front of my house about 3 years ago just before light. Nah, most likely a bear killing a deer. I'll go with the bear. My son heard it also. I didn't realize he was in his yard next to me. There was definitely an animal in distress. After the noises from that died down, I heard something very big moving through the young trees. Skeered me !!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.