NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was over looking a the CCANC's website and noticed that there's not much news, just old news. The latest thing was an apointment of a new president and the petition to turn Bonner Bridge into a fishing pier. Have they come out in support of the NC piers? Other than there upcoming Banquets not much on their calendar.

I'm wondering if there are any CCA members here? Do you actively participate?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
CCA in NC is alive and well. They had the booth next to us at the Expo last week-end. It was staffed by a large contingent of volunteers on a rotating basis and by their new Executive Director, Stephen Ammons. I had a number of conversations with Stephen. He is coming up to speed on the issues regarding the coastal fisheries in NC, he just started in Nov. I'm sure he will be leading the charge on a number of important issues regarding our coastal water soon!

On a related note, NCAngler.com formerly subscribed to an RSS feed of their news releases but unfortunately the formatting of the feed wasn't meeting our needs. Randy & I discussed that with them at the show and hopefully they will get it resolved soon and we can go back to having the press releases posted in a special forum for coastal conservation right here on NC Angler.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I just joined the CCA at the Saltwater seminar in New Bern a couple of weeks ago. Nice folks working the booth.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I joined this past monday. I didnt see them at the expo because I was too busy looking at the boats. Anyway, do they have monthly meetings here in eastern NC? whats it like and do they do anything in the community like clean ups or wildlife rescues or something of the sort?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Drag, nice to see you "over here". I dont know anything yet myself since I am new to the CCA but good questions!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I've been on this site pretty much from the beginning, but there were'nt alot of people on here. But its grown alot since then, and remembered about it today so I can post about me and my dumb cynder block accident. Gotta get the word out to as many people as I can so they can learn from my mistake, and not let it happen to them.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about some of the issues the other day and decided to join in myself. I just haven't heard alot about them lately and was wondering if anyone knew of any current issues being worked on!!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'd like to stop commercial nets in creeks and waterways, but thats just me. Don't know about anyone else. I've heard one or two gripes, but not many.............by the way, thats alot of sarcasm.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.