NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lived in Greenville now for two years and have been tempted to fish on the Tar River. I've never seen or really heard of anyone fishing on it much and what little I have heard, you can't eat the fish.

Does anyone have any information about the Tar River?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fishin' on the Tar

Hi, Surprised no one has responded. My son rents on Tranters Creek off the Tar tween Gville & Washington, near the Tranters Creek Campground and his little girls have caught some nice cats and what appear to be nice sized black crappie off their dock on earthworms. Supposed to be stripers in the creek too at times. Not sure about eating them though. For what its worth. Tight lines! :)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Try this site for environmental concerns although I believe the issue you were hearing about is Mercury. NC has mercury warnings and advisories for basically all streams east of I-85. The Tar also sometimes becomes over loaded with nutrients. THE PAMLICO-TAR RIVER FOUNDATION http://www.ptrf.org/ The lady that is the riverkeeper for the Tar River has a good education in environmental sciences. I suspect the river will improve under her watchful eye. As normal there are a host of small polluters that need to change their ways. AL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.