NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up this way in a couple weeks and am trying to do some, ahem, advance scouting.You
know, as advance as you can scout anything this time of year... Is this a decent flounder area?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
If I were to try and fish that are in a couple of weeks I'd be chasing speckled trout and red drum....:) The same water you cast for them will or may yield a flat fish. Depending on the boat you will be using will determine the amount of water you can cover. Lots of sandbars, oyster bars are present. Do a good aerial view off Google Earth or similar program to get a good visual.

If you ride the tide in to the back of some of the sloughs be sure to keep and eye on the water level. It will hit high tide and turn and leave you high and dry. So ride the tide in and ride it back out towards deeper water.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not sure what program that is you got the map from but I wouldnt put much stock in it. Where it says "surfaced ramp" is a little bit off where the ramp actually is. The ramp is basically between the 2 lines that say "Cable area". Also in the bottom left corner it looks like it was trying to say "Bear Creek" w/ the B cut off. If that's what it was saying it's way off and that little creek that runs there is actually Dicks Creek. To answer the question, yes, flounder can be caught in that area but it's best to study the satillite photos and/or go with someone who knows the area. Seen several boats run high and dry on rocks or sandbars, even at high tide.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the great input. I don't think I realized this area was THAT tricky to get in and out of. I might try something that requires a little less local knowledge. And I DEFINITELY won't be fishing around that 4H Dock!!

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.